Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 03:21 AM
firefighter56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Gear

I am new to the sport and I'm building a Sig Lt 40 kit. What radio would be the best to start with? I read the ads in magazine and I've decided it all is Greek. I want something that can be upgraded for future planes. The kit has aileron, elevator, rudder, and throttle. which as I understand would need at least a 4 channel radio.....I think.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:53 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .

g'morning, yur gonna like the kadet...wise choice for trainer plane. if ya can get as much radio as ya can afford. i would suggest at least 8 channel. i use futaba but most all are pretty good these days. jr and hitec are other good choices....have fun and welcome to RCU..
Old 11-10-2002, 06:12 PM
firefighter56

Default Radio Gear

What could I expect to pay for an 8 channel radio such as your suggestion.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:58 AM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Default Radio Gear

If you go with a 6 channel computer, you're gonna be around $200-$250. An 8 channel computer will start around $300+. IMO, the 8 channel is overkill unless you're be into heli's or jets in the near future, and even those can be flown with a 6 channel. Don't get a non-computer radio unless your budget demands it. The computer radios (ie., JR 652, Airtronics RD6000, Futaba 6X) will last a long time and a lot of planes.

D