Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2 Rudder Servos??!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Mayur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Rudder Servos??!

I am using a 8U Futaba radio. My next project is the AW 29% Edge. I might increase the rudder area and use two rudder servos with the recommended pull-pull system.

How do I connect these two rudder servos to my RX (whic channels, or thru any device)? what are the different options that I have? which one would be the best??

Cheers,
Mayur
Old 11-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Chris 540
My Feedback: (3)

Why don't you keep things simple and use a bigger servo like a MPX power or hitec 5735 I think thtas the number.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Phil Cole

You can use a y-lead. The servos may not be matched, due to manufacturing tolerances. This means they could fight each other - adjust the linkage so they're matched in the middle, and the ends of the travel may not match.

Mix rudder to a spare channel. You can adjust the offset and ATV in the radio so the servos match in the middle and at the ends.

Use a servo matching device, which lets you set reversing, end points and centre point for up to four servos operated from one channel. The matching devices also allow you to use a separate battery feed direct to the servos.

The Futaba MSA-10 and JR Matchbox are example of servo matching devices.