Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:27 PM
10Thumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum radio

heli-cuzz. Please comment on how difficult it was to mount the Specktrum servos in your T-Rex and how do you like their operation. TNX.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I've found, the Spektrum has no range problems.
Apparently the signal can be intercepted by something opaque to the signal between the transmitter and receiver, but I don't fly plane with large lumps that could blank the signal.
I took this photo yesterday from a 2M electric glider, with the DX-6 system.. the plane was almost out of sight.. well beyond the range any parkflier could be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92223.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	415387  
Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
bwbuer

Hey guys. I know you all seem to be "up in the clouds" but down here on the ground using a nextel and a spotter my 2 channel dx2 is the best thing since sliced bread. It works so far I cant even see my nitro touring car. No glitches, no problems whatsoever. Just my 2cents. thanks.

Bradley W. Buer
Suffolk,VA
Old 02-28-2006, 01:10 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check this out!!! Real-Time Telemetry
10/14/04

If the prospect of never again having to buy crystals, monitor frequencies or deal with troublesome RF glitches still isnt enough, consider this. Built into every DSM transceiver is the ability to send data back to the user via the same digital RF link used to control the car. With the soon-to-be-released Spektrum Telemetry Module and data display you will be able to monitor engine temperature, speed, rpm, signal strength and more, real-time. Youll even be able to record the data and review it later on your PC.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Mi_Heli_guy

I bought one of these a week ago, for my MX400 pro. The reciever in the first was bad. No problem, sent it back to Horizon, where they replaced it straight away. Tonight, I got my new reciever in, and hooked up ONE servo, and the ESC (Castle Phoenix-25) heat up instantly. The servo just spun and spun, with no stopping. Bad servo, sent back in.

Got everything set up tonight. Works like a charm. I don't have an eCCPM Heli, so I haven' messed with the mixing functions yet, but eventually, I will upgrade this MX400 to the carbon eCCPM frame.

Hurray!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
captinjohn

What caused the servo thing on 1st try? Thanks Capt,n
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Mi_Heli_guy

It was just a bad servo from the factory, as far as I can assume. Replaced it with an Eflite S75, and she flew today. I added the TREX tail assembly, and some balanced plastic tail rotors. It hovered, although nowhere near where I'd like it to be. It was all over the place, requiring massive stick input to get it to stand still.

I brought it home, and started setting the servos to a workable position, and the worst thing happened. I am retarded, and did not remove the motor leads prior to messing with the servos and my radio setup. I hit the Throttle Hold switch, the motor roared to life, the bird lept into action, and away she went. Right into an Ikea Birch chair. The main blades are completely mutilated. I guess it's back to Rider hobby tommorow to affix a set of the 315 Carbon blades.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Thats still better than when I bumped my throttle stick and the blades spun up, but my arm was in the way[:@]

Only a little scar now but it sure hurt.

I'm planning on getting another Spektrum Rx for my Trex in addition to my foamies.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

FLAPERON SETUP.......

Anyone know if the left aileron travel adjustment must be made mechaniclly or not??? A HH support guy told me that you cannot travel adjust the left aileron (AUX ch. 6) in flaperon mode.

What bunch of hokey baloney. Anyone know if this is the fact?????

The manual eludes to the fact that it can be done........anyone know??? How???
Old 03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I have mine setup in a plane now with Flaperon function. You first must set the "System" to "Wing Type" "FLP" "ON" (two buttons up, turn on tx). It's explained well in the manual. THEN - make sure the directions are right, set subtrims on both. You'll note that you can THEN adjust the end points of the flap channel by using TRAVEL ADJ. I'm not describing it well, but the key was to set the FLAP channel travels to ZERO first. Also make sure you don't have any differential programmed in.

BTW - thoroughly tested the Trainer function using my 10X as the "SLAVE".... and YEP.... it all worked. All the mixes, sub trims, everything in the 10X operated flawlessly through the DX6. Of course, this is a 6 channel airplane, so there weren't channel dropouts.
Flight tests soon....
Old 03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Bosshossv8

ORIGINAL: aerobob

I have mine setup in a plane now with Flaperon function. You first must set the "System" to "Wing Type" "FLP" "ON" (two buttons up, turn on tx). It's explained well in the manual. THEN - make sure the directions are right, set subtrims on both. You'll note that you can THEN adjust the end points of the flap channel by using TRAVEL ADJ. I'm not describing it well, but the key was to set the FLAP channel travels to ZERO first. Also make sure you don't have any differential programmed in.

BTW - thoroughly tested the Trainer function using my 10X as the "SLAVE".... and YEP.... it all worked. All the mixes, sub trims, everything in the 10X operated flawlessly through the DX6. Of course, this is a 6 channel airplane, so there weren't channel dropouts.
Flight tests soon....

Uh.....I was told by HH that the Left aileron travel adjust was fixed. AKA...you are locked into 100% travel on the left aileron and it must be mechaniclly adjusted with the linkage

The travel adjust for the Flap channel you speak of, is for the FLAP SWITCH. Not the left aileron. It adjusts how much the ailerons go up or down with the switch, that is why it needs to be zeroed out, before you set up center.

If I am wrong, and you figured out a way to travel adjust the left aileron (ch6), please take the time to fully document it. I would like to see it.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

You aren't wrong. Sorry to have added to any confusion. The program obviously is not setup with true "dual aileron" Flaperon mode like my 10X. Bummer.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Bosshossv8

IF and I say IF I felt like it, I would "trainer box permanent" it to my 9303...but it seems like so much hassle for so little benefit.

Now, if I was a heli guy...that needed more curve...It would be no brainer. But, the heli guys at our LHS E-heli guys..love this radio. They have no problems with the curve, they say it isn't an issue with them .

The fact that ALL the LOWER LINE FATUBAS that have flaperon mode , are fully functionally adjustable, makes this sting all the more.

Like when you buy a lower line anything radio, gadget, tv, and all components for all the features are there, but they are disabled because you didn;t pay enough, just to stick you. Even it it cost nothing more to enable it, you still get the shaft. Motorola is notorious for this. the lower line anything is usually fully functional, but the face plate is blocked or a jumper left out.

HH is taking us for suckers on this one, knowing that we will line up for the "upgrade". Good business sense , depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Had I known in advance of this , I would not have bought the radio. I was on the fence with the no-rudder expo, but made the leap anyway. HH knew about the shortcomings of the programming and decided to market it as fully functional. That is Bull droppings.

I wonder of ELEvon and Vtail mode are severely hampered as well. 100% on the left , eh???

If I hadn't made such a commitment to JR in the last year, I would not buy another HH product. Now I am forced to , or go back to Fatuba. I don't like being taken for a sucker.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

The little SPEKTRUM works likea champ here at 4500 ft elevation -in a "bowl" surrounded by mountains with various antenna towers feeding the valley.

Once I figured out the sequences for running thru the mixes / ATV/ Expo /etc- I setup my model on two aileron servos and flew it in our park.
It is a great setup and only the absent rudder expo was any issue.
So -now I will get more rx for my other foamies and sell off my 72.00 stuff.
I fly HAM on all my gas powered stuff as the plethora of newbie "I don't know/care" flyers on 72-is just to spooky for me.
Hellow Dick Hansen.....That airplane looks like a lot of fun....also my $$$$ price range!!! Capt,n
Old 06-13-2009, 03:19 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

FLAPERON SETUP.......

Anyone know if the left aileron travel adjustment must be made mechaniclly or not??? A HH support guy told me that you cannot travel adjust the left aileron (AUX ch. 6) in flaperon mode.

What bunch of hokey baloney. Anyone know if this is the fact?????

The manual eludes to the fact that it can be done........anyone know??? How???

Either or both the right and the left aileron can be adjusted on the 9303 when the wing is in the flaperon configuration. Just use the TRVL. ADJ menu. Now you may have a problem with adjusting them if the flap is not zeroed. In the default configuration, the flap has to be in its centered position before you change the travel. Probably this is due to the flaps initial setting at the 0 position is U100% and D100% in position 2. With this much flap signal fed into the ailerons, there is no space left for adjustment. This has been checked out on both an XP9303 and X9303.

Allan