Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

WHICH 7C SHOULD I BUY ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 AM
2lazy2p
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH 7C SHOULD I BUY ??

I Need a new radio. Have been away from the hobby for a time. Need help getting up to speed. Have catalog and the 7C looks like it will work best for my type use BUT..... What is the difference in FM & PCM Modulation? What system do you think I should buy... The 7CAF or 7CAP ??
Any comments will be helpful,
Richard
Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: WHICH 7C SHOULD I BUY ??

the difference between the two recievers are Fm (pulse position modulation ) and the pcm is (pulse code modulation) the modulation had a code where reciever understands and it locks out any interference. The advantage with a PCM reciever is that you have failsafe. this is if you do recieve interfearance the reciever will not listen to it. I hope I described it clear enough. other then that the decision is up to you what reciever to use. and sometimes there are instances where guys prefer a pcm over a fm reciever.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 AM
2lazy2p
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the help. I guess its PCM for me.I think the next radio will be around for awhile so might as well get a good one. Fail safe sounds good to me! Thanks again for your time.... Richard
Old 12-01-2005, 09:01 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richard,

Be aware that the 7C has one major drawback; you cannot set it up for dual elevator servos. Well, you can, but you won't have any trim capability on the slaved side.

Other than that, its a good intermediate radio; I use one as a slave/buddy box for my 9Z, and the grandson flies his Kougar on it as well. So if you don't intend to have a model that uses two elevator servos, you'll be okay. If you do, then spend a bit more for the 9C.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

no problem . and Steve is right. I have the 7c myself, and the only way to do a dual elevater servo setup is with a reversing y harness or have no trim on both halves.