Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR MAX66

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
coldoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR MAX66

I am new to rc and i have been offered a JR MAX 66/XP662 radio for a good price and i was wondering if anyone has used this radio and what do they think of it?

coldoy
Old 12-02-2005, 03:47 AM
panzerd18

Default RE: JR MAX66

Good. The going price in Australia for the whole pack is $299 from what I have seen.

I would be looking at the Hitec Optic 6, JR MAX66 and Futaba 6EXA
Old 12-02-2005, 09:01 AM
RTD

Default RE: JR MAX66

I bought the max66 (662) for my son a couple of years ago and at a much higher price than the $299 AUD that they cost now. The radio has proved to be reliable and very easy to program. The sticks don't feel very good compared to my 9X but they haven't developed any slop. Unfortunately the sticks are not tension adjustable and most annoying for heli flying is the inability to replace the throttle ratchet tensioner with a non-ratchet type. The trainer button did crack (it got a lot of use and I was probably heavy handed!!) but I was able to glue it and it's still holding. According to the radio technician, the RF is very clean and was easily certified for 20KHz chan. separation. I'd say that the Max 66 is a good airplane entry level radio set for the cost.