Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How is the Hitec HFS-04MG reciever?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How is the Hitec HFS-04MG reciever?

Looking for a reciever for a .15 sized model, was about to buy the electron, then found out it had heat issues. Then my heart sang when I saw the price on this, then sank when I saw that it was single conversion. But unlike the feather it has a range of 6,000 feet not 1,000. Then I remembered that many JR recievers are single conversion, so if of that quality it should be good for a small model. Or not?

http://www.servocity.com/html/4-ch_hfs-04mg_fm_rx.html
Old 12-02-2005, 08:51 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: How is the Hitec HFS-04MG reciever?

The Electron 6 works within design parameters of 160*F or 170*F I don't recall the which. Service has tested many as have I personally. I must have at least six of the Electrons and never experienced a heat issue and I live in Sacramento, CA we routinely see temps in high 90's and into the low 100's during the summer.

FWIW the Electron 6 RX is likely the best selling RX in the marketplace. I suspect those that have had heat related issues exposed their model to direct sunlight on a warm day and the internal temperature was elevated.

The 04MG has worked without issue for us in foamy’s and small glo-fuel aircraft. As you mention the range is approximately one mile.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

Default RE: How is the Hitec HFS-04MG reciever?

I would assume that the single conversion reciever uses a differant crystal than the dual conversion units?