Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming Hitec servos

Old 12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Hitec servos

Is it necessary to program new digital servos? I recently crashed the maiden flight and I was using all new RX and digital servos. What exactly are you programming into them anyway? I have the HS-6635 and HS-6645 and was using the Slim something or other.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:22 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Programming Hitec servos

no programming necessary...where it can come in handy is when there are multiple servos on the same surface . ie: giant scale ailerons w/ 3 or 4 servos and elevators with 2 servos per half.... or multiple ganged servos for the rudder..

programming sets the deadband and is used to equalize throws of servos so they are better matched..... etc. etc.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:32 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you provide specific information on your model and set-up we maybe able to point out a problem or not...
Old 12-03-2005, 07:12 AM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't have a giant scale airplane at all. I was just the VF Extra 300. I ordered the flight pack from Servo City. I used four HS 6635 which had 69 in/oz, and the digital 475 for the throttle. It came with the Super Slim RX which is now discontinued according to Hitec. The RX was broken in the crash so I couldn't test to see if it caused the wreck. I sent it back and had to get the Supreme 8 ch. to replace it. They couldn't tell me if it was bad before the crash either. I've tested all the servos which are still connected to the control surfaces using a 8ch Futaba receiver and they all work on the bench. The plane rolled just after take off and while I had "some" control, it continued to do things on it's own till it came down. Basicly, it kept rolling each time I corrected it. All I found was a small place on the wire going to the RX where the insulation was cut. VERY small cut and not into the wire itself. The RX was mounted forward of the servos and the antenna ran between them and out the top behind the canopy and to the top of the rudder. There was no one else there at the field. I range checked it at home with the engine running "YS 110". It was ok. I didn't range check it at the field again. "dumb" That's about all I can think of.