Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 14 mz

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14 mz

The 14 mz is a serious piece of radio but my question is how many people do you actually see with them. It has so many nice features yet some are kinda useless. 100 model memory, thats nice and all but I dont know about you guys but my hobby store doesnt even have 100 models. Color screen, cool but kills the battery. Any other opinions
Old 12-14-2005, 07:19 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14 mz

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

The 14 mz is a serious piece of radio but my question is how many people do you actually see with them. It has so many nice features yet some are kinda useless. 100 model memory, thats nice and all but I dont know about you guys but my hobby store doesnt even have 100 models. Color screen, cool but kills the battery. Any other opinions
The radio is great especially when you start running out of channels on a 9Z. I fly jets and with 8 channels just for flight surfaces the more channels the better. I personally hate Y cables but for guys with bomb drops, smoke, drague chutes, etc. on their scale jets they need those extra channels. 100 model memory is not that bad as I have 10 on my radio now, 3 for my 3 jets with backups so if I make a change that screws up I can always revert back to my original settings. 2 for my heli and 2 for my sons trainers. Plus I plan on adding more for my real flight. the color screen is not that bad because it actually turns off the backlight in a preset amount of time to save battery life and with a lithium ion battery mine lasts for about 2 hours of continuous use. So for you it may not be necessary, but some of us felt the need to plunk down our money.

Just my .02

Patrick
Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14 mz

The flexibilty is unrivaled by other radios. I particulariy like the ablity to have more than one servo such as 2 airleron and 2 elevator servos plugged into seperate ports on the reciever. I can then reverse, sub trim etc each servo independantly but still have single stick control. The radio is a learning curve as the manual lacks a lot of detail, but I work out what I need to do as I go and I am 50 years old, lol.

The mixing options are great, and you can design all the specal mixes you will ever need. The ability to set speeds on any servo is cool too. Slow flaps and retracts look great, and you can mix the speed into say the elevator so when you deploy the flaps, as they go down slowly, the elevator mix matches the speed... way cool.

I have not scratched the surface as I still need to learn what all of the addtional features on each programming menu do. But even expontial setting is increadable with all of the options it offers, such as the ability to split expo rates on one side of the throw or the other and to have different expos on each rate.

My only hope is that they produce some better instructions so I can more quickly take advantage of the many possiblities this radio offers.

Regards,
Randy