Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Trasmitter issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
p113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trasmitter issue

my 4 channel transmiter suddenly turned off and wonk come back, i know this becuse the battery level light wont come on on so its no the reciver. I opend it up and the soldering to the bord from the battery connections if fine any hel appreciated thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Trasmitter issue

blown fuse?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
p113

no the fuse is fine
Old 12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

bad switch ?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 AM
sfsjkid

bad battery?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:19 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a multimeter and check out the connections/wires. Intermittent operation is very often a broken wire or loose connection so shake the things you're checking for continuity.

I think I paid $6 for the kewl little DigitalMultiMeter I got at Radio Shack that I keep in my flight box. It's outer shell is a tight closing plastic "case" that encloses the fairly long leads. Those leads are way better than the plug in wires with connectors on them that accompany my EVM, and are why I have a DMM and an EVM both. And truth is, the continuity check is why I take the DMM to the field.

chuckle... chuckle..... BUT !!! It just dawned on me. I oughta make up a couple of test leads for the EVM and I wouldn't need the DMM, right? You know, you learn from these threads in many different ways, don't ya'.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, I once helped a guy figure out his "intermittent receiver" problem. He got hit a couple of times like you. Figured it was his frequency, but it was a busy channel and after nobody else got hit even the least bit, he jumped to the idea that it was his rx.

When he asked me to help figure his rx problem out, he had his plane almost in pieces. When I finally got hold of his tx, I shook it and darned if his rx didn't start blinking out on him. His first reaction? "Wonder what's wrong with the rx that it'd do that when you shake the tx." Chuckle.... When we get our minds set in a direction, it's real hard to change that direction sometimes.

Turned out his antenna wasn't screwed in. AT ALL! But it was held in proximity by the shape of the innards.

A loose antenna isn't what I'm suggesting as the final answer, just using it to illustrate loose connections/broken wires/etc. And to suggest that you need to shake the box to find those problems.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:39 AM
sfsjkid

ORIGINAL: darock

chuckle... chuckle..... BUT !!! It just dawned on me. I oughta make up a couple of test leads for the EVM and I wouldn't need the DMM, right? You know, you learn from these threads in many different ways, don't ya'.

Good stuff Darock. Just wanted to point out that the DMM would need to have a load if you wanted it to replace your expanded scale voltmeter.