RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

differential on x-378

Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 AM
fredo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default differential on x-378

Hi guys, for those who own JR X-378 radio, how do you dial up differential for ailerons? It only comes up on display once I select delta or flaperon wing type but then elevator moves with it as well. (which I don't want) There must be a trick how to do it. Can someone help me?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: differential on x-378

Fredo,

It's been a while since I had my 388, which was basically the same program as the 7-channel version, but you will have to set a Flaperon wing type. This allows you to use 2 different channels for ailerons. You just keep the Elev-Flap mix set to 0 and you won't get an elevator response. With a Flaperon wing type, you can adjust each aileron separately, setting only a small down movement and a normal, or large, up movement.

I normally use a Flaperon wing for all my planes unless I am running out of channels. This wing type lets you set the center (subtrim) and end points for each aileron individually.

When I am setting up ailerons, I turn the radio on and re-position the servo arms as close to neutral as I can. Then I use the subtrim on aileron and flaps to get them exactly centered.

Then I set the Elev-Flap mix to 100%, hold full up and adjust the aileron and flap end points so both ailerons have the same movement. Next, I hold full down and do the same for both ailerons in that direction. Then I either clear the Elev-Flap mix or leave the switch off since I probably won't use flaperons.

From this point, with both ailerons having the same center and same movement, I can set differential, take off or landing flaps, whatever I like.