RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Hs300 Servos:junk

Old 11-13-2002, 10:05 AM
edge 3644

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec Hs300 Servos:junk

Hi,

I wonder why this are the only servos of basic range that when still new are so disappointing. Out of 15 servos recently bought 10 either start irritating oscillations, do not center or need something like warm-up before can normally operate. Futaba S148, or 3003 never do it. On the other hand this problem never appears in higher specs Hitec servos like HS 605,HS925 or
HS 945.
Anyone there with similar impressions?

Robert
Old 11-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HS300

Yep the HS 300 is probably going to have a higher rate of duds, I rearly use them for anything else but throttle, But then what are you going to expect from a servo thats under 10 bucks in most places , I've seen sales of 7.99. but when one does work for a while they seem to work for a long while. on the other hand I have not had any problems with the 422 or 425 servos , the 422 is more equal to a Futaba 148 and around the same price.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:42 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 3 of them on a Magic fun fly and have wrung the crap out of it this season without an issue. Well, actually they are the 303s not the 300s but the only difference is the case.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:23 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

FYI: The 300's have been discontinued and replaced by the 322. It uses a new IC and a much better pot so it will perform and last much better than the 300's. They also have heavy duty nylon gears that are 4 times stronger than the standard.

Here's the info: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs322hd.htm

Hitec does have a two year warranty on all our products and will repair or replace any product not working the way it should.

Mike.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:45 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I'll buy Hitec again

I have 4 HS-300 servos that are 5 1/2 years old and have lived through several hard landings and 1 major crash. One just recently started to jitter so I replaced it. But considering the age what I've put them through, I think they held up very well. I'll buy Hitec again!

C.P.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:49 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Low end Hitec Servo's

Hi all

There is only so much you can expect from a servo which is at the very bottom of the range.

I have used Hitec 422 and 425's for as long as they have been out and have been most impressed with their long term reliability and performance, for a "cooking" servo.

I have seen much more exotic and expensive servo's throw in the towel long before these "everyman" items.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:03 PM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yup! I also have a few problems with Hitec H-300s. Especially, early in the cold morning, I have to exercise them at high rate several times before they can move reliably at slow rate. Their gears tend to stuck after a week of sitting in the cold garage. I gave all of my HS-300's away and stay with Futaba S148 for low end servos. The guy who was happy to get my HS-300's for free crashed his Big Stick a couple months later. He told me he was using my free servos and the elevator servo failed. It was a good thing that I warned him about the servos before I gave them to him!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:57 AM
edge 3644

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys for all replies. This warm up issue is not related to temp. Even in 35 deg at the field some of them need like a while to go to smooth movements while first performing rather irratically.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:43 PM
adrian-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

open them (300)up,take out the middle gear on the left you have speed controler move it until motor stops spinning then put the gears back and walla. no jitter and for 10$ need we say more.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:44 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I *had* a pair of these in my Zagi until the right one locked/recentered itself at 30 degrees "up." The plane spun into the bushes and was retrieved after a short scramble.

This behavior was repeatable in leter tests. The servo would work normally, then "recenter" at 30 degrees up and continue working from that point. The gears weren't stripped or stuck.

I removed both servos, threw them away and replaced them with some 422s which have worked ever since.