Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Elevator mixing on Futaba 9c

Old 12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
russ skinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator mixing on Futaba 9c

I'd like to be able to assign a mix to one of the 2 position switches on my Futaba 9c which adds a small amount of up elevator (a trim offset for hand launch) which can then simply be removed by flicking the switch once airborne. Can anyone advise the simplest way of programming this?

Many thanks
Russell Skinner
Old 12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
stek79

Default RE: Elevator mixing on Futaba 9c

Hello Russell.... good question!

After some thinking, perhaps I got it. I see two ways of programming this, but the best is that one: use a multi-point mix with elevator as master and as slave. The 9C PMIX6 and 7 are free mix with the capability to do a non-linear mix: actually it is not a true point mix, but something close. If you go there with your radio, you'll find that there are 5 zones that can be set with the amount of mix you like. So:

1) Set elev as master and slave
2) Set the switch you like, and switch it on
3) Now go to the central zone of the pmix. If you change the % here, you'll find that you are actually adding an offset to the elevator. The other zones must be set to zero, so that the mix will become a constant horizontal line: this is your fixed up elevator!

Let me know if this is what you wanted to do.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:12 PM
russ skinner

Many thanks stek79. This achieves exactly what I want. I'm still curious if there is another way of doing this using one of the non multi-point mixes?

Russell
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 AM
stek79

Hello,
I'm glad to hear that it helped!

Using normal mixes... I have something in mind, but it is definitely an ugly solution [:'(]

See you soon!
Old 12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can also use any of the other Pmix's. Set OFST as master, elev as slave. LINK OFf. Set the desired switch and direction you want. Set the mix percentage to the amount and direction you want the elevator to move. When you toggle the switch, the centering of the elevator will change to the desired amount, but when you move the sticks, you'll still have up and down movement from that new centerpoint.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:19 PM
russ skinner

Many thanks Bill. I'd forgotten about the offset feature.

Russell