Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba radios and jr receivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 06:40 PM
maxboostbusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba radios and jr receivers

Heres another easy question from a dumb nubbie. The plane that I currently fly has a JR Quattro radio setup. Its a good setup but i want to get a computer radio. I really prefer Futaba because most my friends at the local field have there equipment, and i know of a few people with JR that has had issues. My main issue is that the plate in my plane that the receiver and battery is under was glued in from the factory and without surgury it wont come out, so I cant easily change receivers. I know that some radio systems and receivers will work with each other, but I dont know if Futaba radios will function JR receivers, and nobody I know has a Futaba on CH 42. So I come to the brains on here to help with a dumb question. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:47 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: futaba radios and jr receivers

nope... they will not work together... JR is positive shift and Futaba is negative shift
JR does have a Rx that is compatible (the R600 Sport I believe) but what you have won't work.... sorry
Old 12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
maxboostbusa

Ok thanks, that sucks but guess surgury is required if needbe. Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

nope... they will not work together... JR is positive shift and Futaba is negative shift
JR does have a Rx that is compatible (the R600 Sport I believe) but what you have won't work.... sorry
Yeah it's the Sport that is available in either negative or positive shift PPM only that JR advertises the negative shift version will work with Futaba, I got one for my foamy. The crummy part is that it will work with my Futaba 9C Super, but it won't play with my 9Z WC2.

Futaba doesn't care and I can see why, but JR, or at least on the forum here basically said they'd never heard of the problem even though myself and at least one other poster asked about it.

Just a little tidbit for your "for what it's worth" file...