Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Royal Evo - the manual has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:12 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Multiplex Royal Evo - the manual has arrived!

Still can't find a shop with the Royal Evo Tx, but the manual is now available. Holy smokes, the thing has battery management built-in so that even while it is sitting on the shelf in between use it is calculating how much run time it has left as the battery self discharges! Uses 6 cell AA Nimh so it is lighter than the sub C packs most of us are used to. It has 20 or 36 memories depending on version, not the 12 or 20 originally advertised. "Uni" signal is true 0.5ms from 1.5 unlike the 4000 which is still 0.55ms from 1.5, and is selectable for each channel, not just for each model so you can mix Mpx with uni servos in same model.

For thumb and finger fliers, the user fitted sticks with control buttons have 3 buttons, the top one is non-latching, the 2 on the front face of the stick are latching. There is no mention of the buddy box compatibility to Futaba and JR that had been mentioned before. The connection to PC for back-up and also internet download of software upgrades is there. The Tx comes with English and German language installed, English is default, other languages are available to be downloaded from Mpx site. It looks like servo slowing is set for both directions on the one figure, unlike 3000 and 4000 which allow independent time for each direction. Synthesiser and scanner modules depend upon which country/frequency band you have.

Harry
Old 11-16-2002, 01:25 AM
MyStar-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just download the Royal EVO manual!!

Yep...Karlton just sent it to me in .PDF format and I'm reading it now.

Don
Old 11-16-2002, 03:44 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone post the link for the manual please. Thanks...........
Old 11-16-2002, 03:50 AM
MyStar-RCU

Rajul,

There is no link at this time. If you'll e-mail me at [email protected] I'll send you the manual.

Don
Old 11-16-2002, 01:25 PM
HarryC

I have now finished reading the Royal Evo manual. As stated before, the RE is not at the same level as the 4000 despite having the option of 12 channels. Its programmability is at 3030 level. But the programming architecture is so gorgeous I might just have to buy one, even though I have a 4000 and do not need a Royal Evo. Grrrrrr! Damn and blast you Multiplex. I want one but I don’t need it!

The main points of interest are set out below. The manual has lots of helicopter stuff but that is a lost world to me so I have no comment on what goodies it includes for heli fliers.

Transmission mode is selected automatically by the servos you assign, no more user selecting of PPM7 or PPM9 or PPM12. It chooses PPM7, 8, 9 or 12 itself. PCM is not an option now that the IPD receiver is established.

9 channel has 20 memories, 12 channel has 36 memories. Both have 4 flight modes per model, modes are subsets of models as per 4000 and Japanese Tx, not the 3030’s memory switching. Transition between modes is fixed at 1 second.

Extensive battery management software is built in. The battery includes a thermo fuse so no fuse is fitted to the Tx and therefore if being replaced it needs the Mpx battery, not one of your choosing. Sounds expensive and not necessarily a good move.

There appear to be just 2 switch wells with no switches fitted, the manual makes no mention of them or of fitting extra switches. It comes already fitted with switches, including 2 push buttons for things like buddy box, throttle cut. Push buttons can be latching or push to make, determined in software.

Sticks come like Profi mc, you decide which is throttle and if ratchet is required. At last spring tension is adjustable, as of course is the stick axis. Inside the Tx is the special screwdriver to adjust the various bits. If using the sticks with buttons, the top button is push to make, the 2 on the front face act as one control since one button latches on and the other latches off.

You can switch on without transmitting by holding down a specific menu button while switching on. No need to remove RF module. Nice.

User’s name and PIN number can be used. User’s name shows on main screen. PIN number does not seem to block transmission and use, but blocks changes to programming.

Throttle check is included at last. If active and you switch on with throttle open, RF starts but Tx sends idle signal, throttle won’t work until closed. Warning screen appears. Throttle cut function is included.

Text entry e.g. for model names is as per mobile phones, each button has typically 3 characters and entry is fast. First letter entered is capitalised, rest are lower case, all handled automatically, and cursor moves to next position automatically. Of course it can all be over-ridden to all caps etc if required.

Digi adjustors can be assigned to a different parameter each so that if needs be both can be used for trimming in flight. Wow, now I can adjust both the rud-ele and rud-ail mix in knife edge, in flight, at the same time.

Memory management is similar to 4000. You call up a template model, Tx assigns memory location. But moving on much further from the fixed Multiplex mode 1 assignments in 4000 templates, the RE has been designed to make it easy for Futaba/JR users to convert.

The RE still allows totally free assignment of controls, but instead of forcing you to start from scratch like the Profi mc, it includes stick modes 1 to 4 already for you to choose from. Next of course you want to choose Mpx or uni servo timing but it goes further than that, it has built in Futaba or JR or Mpx servo sequencing to choose from. So new users coming over from Futaba/JR just start a template which then asks them to choose stick mode, and choose the receiver plug sequencing Futaba or JR from the menu! This automatically enables the uni servo timing in place of Mpx timing You can of course over-ride the sequencing and choose whatever you want as channel assignments, but this just makes it so easy for non-Mpx users to get into the RE and use it. Excellent.

Digi trims can be reset to centre instantly by pressing both the opposite direction buttons together.

Mixers have been made even more user friendly. They are like the 4000’s multimixers but they output to the servos which multimixers can not do. So you input your controls, create the mix settings, and attach servos to the output of the mix curve. Therefore altering the one mix curve alters all servos attached to it, unlike 3030 mix or 4000 servomix where every servo has to be set independently. That means the digi adjustor now alters all your multi aileron or multi elevator or multi spoiler servos together. Much better. There are several mixer curve options, such as symmetrical, non symmetrical, single sided with or without curves, with dead bands, with offsets. You really need to see the graphs in the manual to make sense of it.

Software switching has been moved ahead as well, in fact it has gone and been replaced by something far easier. There are no longer software switches as separate items to be assigned to a control and then another thing such as timer to be assigned to that software switch. The Tx no longer differentiates between controls and secondary inputs. Profi mc sticks and switches are controls or secondaries depending upon which socket they are physically plugged into. In the RE a stick or switch is a control or a secondary or both at the same time, it depends upon what you assign to it, not what it is physically wired as. So take a stick and assign the name throttle to it, the stick is a control. Now assign timer directly to the throttle at a particular point and the stick is a secondary switch. There is no need to have separate discrete software switches bridging the gap between a control and a secondary parameter. No longer are the set top switches either a control G, H etc or a secondary S1 S2 etc. Because the distinction between controls and secondaries has been removed, any switch can be anything, a control or a secondary or both.

Servo parameters such as rates, travel and expo are presented on the screen all together, rather then having to scroll through each parameter in turn.

Must cut up the credit card, must cut up the credit card, I don't need an RE, it's not as powerful as my 4000, but........

Harry
Old 11-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

As usual Harry, very good information, thanks, and I agree with you, I don't need this, but I want it.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:24 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harry-could you repete that? I'm sorry--I wasn't paying attention

Been waiting a long time for this one...............
Old 11-17-2002, 12:47 AM
HarryC

Originally posted by AJF--2
Harry-could you repete that?
I have a 4000 and do not need a Royal Evo. Grrrrrr! Damn and blast you Multiplex. I want one but I don’t need it!

repeat - do not need a Royal Evo, do not need a Royal Evo, do not need a Royal Evo, do not nee....... Oh b**!**>s. It's not true that he who dies with the most toys wins. He who dies with the best toys wins!

Since I upgraded to the 4000 I have not got around to selling my 3030. It's hard to sell off such a loved friend that introduced me to the world of Multiplex. Well tough titty my old 3030, the Marilyn Monroe of model Tx is coming my way so ship out! Perhaps I can sell the 3030 and "re-invest" it in a Royal Evo. Aaargh no, what am I saying! Do not need Royal Evo, do not need Royal Evo, do not nee........

Harry
P.S. genuine 3030 for sale, fitted with all switches, channel check option, Mpx multi charger, charge lead, PC serial port connection lead for download/upload to PC, 35 Mhz UK/Euro RF module, original box, original manual and 3rd party programming guide.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:56 AM
Forgues Research

Originally posted by HarryC

I have a 4000 and do not need a Royal Evo. Grrrrrr! Damn and blast you Multiplex. I want one but I don’t need it!

repeat - do not need a Royal Evo, do not need a Royal Evo, do not need a Royal Evo, do not nee....... Oh b**!**>s. It's not true that he who dies with the most toys wins. He who dies with the best toys wins!

Since I upgraded to the 4000 I have not got around to selling my 3030. It's hard to sell off such a loved friend that introduced me to the world of Multiplex. Well tough titty my old 3030, the Marilyn Monroe of model Tx is coming my way so ship out! Perhaps I can sell the 3030 and "re-invest" it in a Royal Evo. Aaargh no, what am I saying! Do not need Royal Evo, do not need Royal Evo, do not nee........

Harry
P.S. genuine 3030 for sale, fitted with all switches, channel check option, Mpx multi charger, charge lead, PC serial port connection lead for download/upload to PC, 35 Mhz UK/Euro RF module, original box, original manual and 3rd party programming guide.

Harry, I sold my 3030 when I bought the 4000,to my best friend flying buddy, now I can keep an eye on it.

I do beleive you need the Evo, I read your posts about it and had the local shrink read them, and he agrees, you need the Evo, so when will it be
Old 11-17-2002, 01:15 AM
HarryC

Originally posted by aerografixs
I do beleive you need the Evo, you need the Evo, so when will it be
Get thee behind me Satan.

H
Old 11-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Gary Retterbush

(SNIP)
How much?
Old 11-18-2002, 10:30 PM
rorywquin

Harry

Any chance of a copy of the manual ???
Old 11-18-2002, 11:25 PM
HarryC

Originally posted by Gary Retterbush

How much?
Sorry Gary, sold already.

H
Old 11-18-2002, 11:28 PM
HarryC

Originally posted by rorywquin
Harry

Any chance of a copy of the manual ???
It's 2.34MB pdf file. Unless you have broadband thats going to take some time for you to download. Are you happy for me to send it?

H.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:59 PM
MyStar-RCU

I've had about ten people e-mail me asking for a copy of the Royal EVO manual. Unfortunately, when I tryed sending the file (about 2.4MB) I get an error message saying my "server timed out", whatever the hell that means. And so, I'm having to tell these people to e-mail Karlton for the manual. If anyone knows how I can correct this problem, please come forward.

Don
Old 11-19-2002, 12:36 AM
fcv

I sent an email to Karlton but he did not respond yet. Maybe can you publish the manual on a website?

regards, Frédéric
Old 11-19-2002, 09:22 AM
HarryC

Sorry Frederic, that is beyond my technical ability! Anyway it is probably illegal, a breach of copyright or something like that. Send karlton an email with PROOF READ as the header, I suspect that gets an automated reply.

A UK Multiplex importer is now saying the Royal Evo is absolutely definitely going to be in the shop by the end of this month. They've been let down and embarrassed so many times that I don't think they would make that promise unless they feel that it is cast iron guaranteed this time, but we shall see!

Harry
Old 11-19-2002, 10:12 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default Mpx RE 12 S&S Int Spec

Hi Harry

Spoke with the Mpx franchise holder "down under"

ETA here is late Feb 2003 ..... for those in the region who may be interested

You really should get a Mpx franchise you know ... have you ever sold coals to Novocastrians ?
Old 11-19-2002, 11:37 AM
AJF--2

Anybody know when it is going to hit here in the states?
Old 11-19-2002, 02:21 PM
HarryC

The main UK importer has now been told the Royal Evo is available, it's just a question of shipping it out from the factory now.

Those outside Europe might have to wait, since lets face it Mpx has fewer customers in USA or Australia and if I were them I would want to look after the bigger loyal customer base in Europe first. However if anyone in USA (pref Florida or California), Canada or Australia is really keen to get an RE I am willing to swap nationality with you, you come and live here and get an RE, and I will get to live somewhere nice and warm (Canada's winters excepted!) If you want to swap from Perth or Melbourne I will even leave you my beloved 4000.

Harry
Old 11-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Forgues Research

The main UK importer has now been told the Royal Evo is available, it's just a question of shipping it out from the factory now.

Those outside Europe might have to wait, since lets face it Mpx has fewer customers in USA or Australia and if I were them I would want to look after the bigger loyal customer base in Europe first. However if anyone in USA (pref Florida or California), Canada or Australia is really keen to get an RE I am willing to swap nationality with you, you come and live here and get an RE, and I will get to live somewhere nice and warm (Canada's winters excepted!) If you want to swap from Perth or Melbourne I will even leave you my beloved 4000.

Harry
I was about to say Harry, that here in Canada as we speak, the temperature is around -5C and lots of snow..
Old 11-19-2002, 03:02 PM
rorywquin

Harry - thanks for the offer but I know my service provider will time-out before a file that size downloads. I am itching to get my grubby paws on the new TX but will wait for the Synth. version.

Regards

Rory
Old 11-19-2002, 10:13 PM
AJF--2

Well I called "club Teddy " today--the EVO will be in the US middle of next month---- around $750 for a trans and module. ouch
Old 11-19-2002, 10:20 PM
HarryC

What do you mean ouch at $750? We get charged $1500 for the crummy 8 channel Futaba 8+1ZAP with its relatively restricted programming!

H
Old 11-19-2002, 10:28 PM
AJF--2

Ouch means I can buy the crummy Futaba for less than $500 with servos, receiver, etc....That means if we were on the same scale, the EVO would be about $2500 over there --how about I buy a crummy Futaba and ship it to you for an EVO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.