RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Are there 'standard' switch assignments?

Old 11-16-2002, 02:57 AM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Are there 'standard' switch assignments?

Just got my new 9c and boy is it a departure from my old radio (Airtronics Radiant 6P). Many more switches, dials and sliders to get confused with. Before I go tweak this out, are there 'standard' switch assignments? You know, dual rates on this switch, snap roll on this and certain mixes on other switches? Thanks for any info.

- Joe
Old 11-16-2002, 03:50 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is no standard setup as such. Its more or less what you are used to, or comfortable with.

That said, here is a thought. When setting up the switches and settings, set your normal switch position to be the easiest to get to in a panic. For example, your fingers should take the minimum amount of movement, and be naturally positioned at the ready when holding the transmitter normally.

Originally, I have normal rates to be swtiches forward. But his required me to lift my finger up an over the switch, then push it backwards. For high rates, all I had to do was move my finger forward towards me, which is much quicker and easier. I have since swapped those positions, and like it much better.

Just spend some time 'mentally' flying the plane with the transmitter while sitting in your favorite chair. Think it all through before doing the setup. Do the minimal changes at first, then fly it and get comfortable with it, then build upon that a little at a time. Doing everything all at once invites the likelihood of mistakes while in the air.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:14 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 9ZAPS

I've had a 9ZAPS since they were introduced in July of 1993. Over the years it seemed like I needed (and have) a book to keep track of the different planes. set ups and conditions. This being the case I've started setting all planes up the same way as far as what certian switches go. I've assigned dual rate, condition, engine cut, E->F, and ail/ele/rud mixing switches so they are the same for every model. As sfaust has stated, think it through and follow the plan. Try it for awhile and change it if you have to. I drew a picture and hang it in the workshop as a reminder and an aid while setting up a plane. Have fun_bob
Old 11-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Props-n-blades

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Although you can change most (or all) switches of the radio, I found out there is no possibility to change the Idle-up switches (for Heli set-up). Do you know how to change these ?
Old 11-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not sure about changing HELI switches, but all of the switches in ACRO can be assigned to anything as far as I can tell. Not sure if they're the same but I was able to relocate the switch for THR-CUT and IDLE-DOWN, but then moved back to it's normal location since a 3-position switch worked better than two 2-position switches.