Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-S134 Servo

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 02:38 PM
waterpowerdan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-S134 Servo

I have a bad Futaba FP-S134 Servo. It was connected with a y-harness with another servo just like it for the stearing control on my son's 1/4 scale car. When both servos were plugged in neither would move. when I plug each of them into the receiver alone one works and one does not.

This model is obsolete per the futaba web site. Can I just replace one with the recommended new part number. I have a feeling they may need to be matched to work together. What do you recommend.

ALso I took it apart, does anyone have a schematic? Maybe I can fix it. The motor turns when I touch it to a battery.

Dan
Old 12-26-2005, 08:34 PM
waterpowerdan

Default RE: Futaba FP-S134 Servo

Here is what I tried... I removed the bad servo and made a horn to connect both wheels to one servo. A guy at the RC store told me he uses only one servo on his 1/5 scale truck.

I am hoping using 2 servos was overkill.... I am new to this so if I am going to burn something up please let me know.

I have a set up question... How do I center the servo and control the end points.

Dan
Old 12-27-2005, 08:57 PM
R.Robinson
Banned

Default RE: Futaba FP-S134 Servo

for a steering servo for a on road 1/4 scale car you should have at least 150oz torque. For a 1/5 scale stadium truck 200+ oz torque. If the truck is the FG MT then 250-330 oz torque. The bigger the tire the more power. I would just get a new servo. The Futaba servo was not that good. The servos now are much stronger. So more is better if you can afford it and it will fit. Hitec and tower and hobbico have less expensive servos for you application.

For centering the servo the radio has trims to set the center and the radio can have EPA(end point adjustment) If your radio dose'nt have this then I would suggest you get a better radio or buy analog servos.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:49 AM
[email protected]

Originally Posted by waterpowerdan
I have a bad Futaba FP-S134 Servo. It was connected with a y-harness with another servo just like it for the stearing control on my son's 1/4 scale car. When both servos were plugged in neither would move. when I plug each of them into the receiver alone one works and one does not.

This model is obsolete per the futaba web site. Can I just replace one with the recommended new part number. I have a feeling they may need to be matched to work together. What do you recommend.

ALso I took it apart, does anyone have a schematic? Maybe I can fix it. The motor turns when I touch it to a battery.

Dan
hi Dan I am from Irvine please call me for servos futaba 134 714-6732001