Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can you convert a futaba am trans to fm

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
markus-RCU
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you convert a futaba am trans to fm

I wanted to know if you can convert an old Futaba 6 ch gold series(fp-t6fg/k) with a am module in the back to fm? Is it legal? Is there a fm module that will fit in the back?
Thanks,
Mark
Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Can you convert a futaba am trans to fm

An AM module cannot be converted to operate as an FM module. If you can locate an FM module for your transmitter, it's legal to use...but you may want to have it checked out by a good service center to make sure it's operating properly. Old units can go out of tolerance.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
oldlugs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can you convert a futaba am trans to fm

Mr. Baxter, I'm interested in converting an old Futaba 3EGX boat radio (on 75mhz) to FM. It's my understanding that there were some 75mhz FM modules made for the European market that may drop into my 3EGX... Might you know what I can use, and what FM modules I should be searching for...? Thanks for any help here!