Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

20ga servo wire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20ga servo wire?

Does anyone know of a supplier of bulk 20ga servo wire that will allow the use of standard crimp on Futaba/JR pins for connections..Thanks Walt
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 20ga servo wire?

Just go with 22, it's plenty for any rx/servo application out there.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to respectively dissagree with Joe airport. For small planes with low torque servos, he is correct. For larger planes, the bigger servos (especially digital servos) he is very very wrong. The wire resistance of 22 gage wire is nearly double that of 20 gage and any peak current transients can cause lots of noise on the power bus at the receiver (with the concurrent glitches) when peak currents are demanded. As to where to get the wire, I think you can get it from FMA as well as several other sources.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:57 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh come on Rodney, very very wrong? Isn't that a little extreme? Very few people use 20 gauge servo wiring on giant planes and have had no problems. Now for the battery leads sure #18 is even better, but not on the servos. And those Futaba/JR connectors don't work so well on wiring as large as 20 gauge. Better to use Deans connectors when wiring gets that big.

ORIGINAL: Rodney

I have to respectively dissagree with Joe airport. For small planes with low torque servos, he is correct. For larger planes, the bigger servos (especially digital servos) he is very very wrong. The wire resistance of 22 gage wire is nearly double that of 20 gage and any peak current transients can cause lots of noise on the power bus at the receiver (with the concurrent glitches) when peak currents are demanded. As to where to get the wire, I think you can get it from FMA as well as several other sources.