RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Making all switches 3-position via the service menu? (futaba radios)

Old 11-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Making all switches 3-position via the service menu? (futaba radios)

According to THIS link the UltraPac 128k memory module has a service menu enabler. This works with both the 8U, 9C and 9Z series radios. Apparently this allows you to go into the service menu and as I was reading on the 9Z you can change any switch to a 3-position switch and since the wiring is the same this will allow you to make all of your switches 3 position. Couple this with a post I read on here recently about GreatPlanes adding another 3-position switch to the 9c's for $29 or whatever and I'm wondering if there is a service menu setting for each switch (as outlined for the 9Z) that allows you to assign how many positions each switch has and the software will act accordingly. This would be great as I'd like to have more 3-position switches on my 9C and at 'only' $69 for the 128k UltraPac which has the enabler built in I'd lover it. Does anyone have any info on this? Has anyone done it?
Old 11-19-2002, 02:51 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hmmmmmm. very interesting! Ask AM Cross.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:57 PM
MyStar-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: Making all switches 3-position via the service menu? (futaba radios)

Joe,

Originally posted by Joe B.
According to THIS link the UltraPac 128k memory module has a service menu enabler.
Correct.

This works with both the 8U, 9C and 9Z series radios.
Also works with the Futaba/Robbe FC-28 radio.

Apparently this allows you to go into the service menu and as I was reading on the 9Z you can change any switch to a 3-position switch and since the wiring is the same this will allow you to make all of your switches 3 position.
I do remember Angelos (UltraPac creator) saying on the yahoogroups 9Z list it could be done on the 9Z.

Couple this with a post I read on here recently about GreatPlanes adding another 3-position switch to the 9c's for $29...
Can you supply a link or subject on that post you read here?

...or whatever and I'm wondering if there is a service menu setting for each switch (as outlined for the 9Z) that allows you to assign how many positions each switch has and the software will act accordingly. This would be great as I'd like to have more 3-position switches on my 9C and at 'only' $69 for the 128k UltraPac which has the enabler built in I'd lover it. Does anyone have any info on this? Has anyone done it?
I don't have any info on this and I don't know anyone who has done this. If I were you I would e-mail ModelGadgets and ask Angelos.

Don
Old 11-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Joe B.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's the link, it was $20 for the switch. Scroll down to post #38. Apparently it is Great Planes Hobby who does the upgrade and apparently the software supports it. If it's something that can be accessed via the service menu, I'd like to make all (or most anyway) of my switched 3-position. I'd keep the trainer/snaproll as is but all the others would get changed. And heck if I didn't like it I would change some back.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...=&pagenumber=2]
Old 11-20-2002, 06:37 PM
MyStar-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the link Joe!

According to "OnTheEdge", he paid Great Planes/Hobby Services $15-20 dollars to have them install a 3-position switch. I clicked on the picture (post #38) and noticed his switch B label wasn't marked 3-position.

Try posting to AMC's forum and she what she says about having your 9C modified with 3-position switches. If you get no where with her, e-mail Angelos.

FWIW, the new JR "PCM 9X" airplane version has 2 3-position switches on the innermost front of the TX. Don't know about the heli version yet.

Don
Old 11-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Joe B.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I didn't expect them to be remarked as if I changed them I wouldn't scratch off the paint and put new stuff. The 9c has two 3-position switches factory but I'd like more. Thanks.