Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Haveing a problem with the throttle servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
cordia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haveing a problem with the throttle servo

While running my 1/10th buggy It loses power and comes to a stop when you let off. I took the body off and the throttle servo is going all the way back(puting breaks on). after turning the radio and car off and leaving it for a while the servo resets back to normal when you turn it back on. But after running it again it does the same thing.

anyone ever had this problem? If so what could be the problem? my batteries are all new and good. The car is brand new got it for x-mas. Its a off brand so the Transmitter and Receiver are not of great quality I think. Its a Acme Condor Pro.

I have vary little knowledge on these nirto cars and need any help I can get

thanks
michael

Old 01-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Haveing a problem with the throttle servo

I think that you might need to adjust the brake linkage so that when the throttle comes all the way back--then it won't be moving the rod far enough to apply the brakes.

Just a guess though. I have never had a car or buggy.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:30 AM
cordia

the thing is the servo is moving all the way back and stoping.(moving so far it uses all of its stroke) Its not the linkage.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
inferno6688

considering its not doing it all the time, then i would suggest its a problem with ur electronics. either servo, RX or TX!! if u have spare servos or RX's then try each one and see if u can narrow down the problem! at least the servo isn't getting stuck on full throttle!!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:37 AM
cordia

I took the RX and TX from my truck and installed it in the buggy and I'm going to try it out sometime today. I've got better electronics coming so I'll install them in the truck.

thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2006, 07:51 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the servo has fuel contamination, or is just going out. Those RTR rides come with REALLY cheap servos.