Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Z WC2 Transmitter with JR Matchbox

Old 11-19-2002, 03:32 PM
rcoleman-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z WC2 Transmitter with JR Matchbox

If I switch over to the Futaba 9Z WC2 transmitter and receiver, will my JR Matchbox work the same when it's plugged into the Futaba receiver? Also, will my JR digital servos still function the same? Thanks!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:29 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Futaba 9Z WC2 Transmitter with JR Matchbox

Originally posted by rcoleman
If I switch over to the Futaba 9Z WC2 transmitter and receiver, will my JR Matchbox work the same when it's plugged into the Futaba receiver? Also, will my JR digital servos still function the same? Thanks!
Yes, and yes.

The matchbox will work fine on most all radios. I know it works fine on JR and Futaba receivers, but I haven't tested any others so I won't comment.

When I was flying the 9Z, I used JR, Futaba, and Airtronics servos all the time. For example, my latest Extra has a JR receiver, Multiplex servos for the rudder, Airtronics servos for the ailerons and elevators, and Futaba for the throttle and choke. A real mixed breed!

My question is, on that plane, would it look real funny it it had big stickers that read Futaba, JR, Airtronics and Multiplex all over it :-) Would people keep asking me if couldn't make up my own mind?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:33 PM
swill
My Feedback: (17)

Default Futaba 9Z WC2 Transmitter with JR Matchbox

I currently use a JR Matchbox on my G-Trick with my 9Z WC2 and love it. Works great and will use this setup on future birds.

The JR Mathbox has Futaba 9202's on the other end!

Regards,
Scott

PS - Receiver was a Futaba R127DF and now is a Hitec 555, both work great!