Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10sx problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 02:00 AM
jechols
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10sx problem

I have a 10sxII. I had it on a pits when a got a hit only on the elevator. It was an uncomfortable up down up quick as the servo could move this hapened 3 times before I could land. I put it in a trainer to check it out and had no problems. Then I put it on a jet thinking it was ok. It gave me a up down up at about 1/4 power with full flaps. It put its self into an unrecoverable spin. No more jet. Lucky me it only hurt the air frame. Turbine and radio were fine. My Question is Is this something that is comon and can be fixed? Or do I need to trash it and get a new one.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10sx problem

IF the problem is in the transmitter- and I say if because it could be any one of several other things- good luck getting it repaired.

This radio has been out of production for several years, and Horizon has few, if any, parts to fix them. I flew a 10SXII for seven years, but one of the reasons I got rid of it was because the last time I sent it in to have the lithium battery replaced, they screwed up the touch screen and couldn't replace it; no pieces/parts.

Not slamming Horizon, they ended up making things right. But the point is, they can't give you what they don't have.

I would send it in; maybe they'll offer you a deal on a 10X.

Steve