Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr 610M rec problem...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 08:09 AM
danstrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 610M rec problem...

Hey all,

Anyone had a receiver that decides not to work, for no apparent reason? My jr 610m decided last night that it would not work. The second jr610m I have also decided to go on a strike and not work.

I have plugged the servos into another receiver that works, and they work. I have tried the battery powering an alternate receiver, with the same servos, and it works.

I have the right channel, right radio, correct plug in direction.

The only indication I get that something is happening is that the servos will move slightly when the battery is first plugged in, but don't have radio control.

One of my jr 610m's looks to have a very small transistor or something missing, as evident by an empty spot when comaring the two rec's and that there was a very small wire poking up from where the transister used to be. ???

But the other one looks fine and doesn't work! I've had them for two years, one with no problems, and one did this before, deciding after a week that it would work again.

I did solder on a new antenne to the missing-piece receiver, but I was extremely careful not to ruin the receiever with heat or solder arcs.

Help! I don't want to spend another 120 bucks for two new receivers! And I have a contest where I need them this weekend!!!

Many thanks,
Dan E.
[email protected]
Old 11-20-2002, 08:20 AM
GOT DEET?

if two receivers quit at once...... i thought i had roasted a r149dp ,
turns out it was a shorted servo power lead , i didnt figure it out till i disassembled the offending servo and wiggled the wire . it was shorting out the power bus in the rx . rx survived , sounds to me like a servo problem .
good luck .
Old 11-20-2002, 08:23 AM
GOT DEET?

sometimes manufacturers have to change parts due to various reasons , that might explain the apparent missing part. the newer/older one may/ may not need whatever part you described.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:55 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Check whether your TX is sending out PPM, Z PCM, or S PCM. If both of them went "bad" at the same time, that's probably the culprit.