Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9c radio, Jr servos????

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 06:47 AM
Justin2895

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9c radio, Jr servos????

I have used futaba to fly with all my life i have the 9c

I recently acquired an airplane that came with Jr servos

Is there any way i can mix the two brands.

Will this mess up my programming on the 9c, and are the servo positions different on the receiver, if so will that mess up my programing and stick position.

If this is possible what brand receiver should i go with
Old 11-22-2002, 09:37 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

No problem, we mix up makes of servos with other radios all the time. The only rule you will need to follow where you live is that you can't use a JR receiver with your Futaba transmitter, you will need a Futaba or other shift compatible receiver. The sockets on the Rx will be for Futaba plugs which have a small polarisation tang on one edge but the JRs do not and will plug straight in, just make sure you plug them in the correct way around since there is no polarisation device. Where the Futaba servo white wire went in is where the JR servo orange wire goes in, Futaba black to JR brown. Plug the servos into the receiver in the usual Futaba sequence. Your existing programming will not be affected.

Harry
Old 11-22-2002, 08:45 PM
krs

Default servos

Justin, another thing with the JR servos is that JR's turn in the opposite direction. If you replace a Futaba with a JR, you will have to reverse the direction from the TX. Other than that, the JR's will be fine. I use a lot of them with a Futaba radio and I have no problems.

Kevin
Old 11-23-2002, 12:11 AM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I use JR servos all the time with my Futaba 8uas and Futaba receivers. Never have had a problem. I recommend a Futaba receiver, but that's just because I feel most comfortable matching my receiver and transmitter brands. Good luck!