RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Championship Series

Old 11-23-2002, 05:30 PM
bbrowncods

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Airtronics Championship Series

I have an old Airtronics Championship Series 6 channel Tx and Rx from around 1983 or so. I had the Rx updated to "Gold Sticker" during the transition period between the old and new (what we have now) frequencies.
Can I still use them?

Thanks, Brad
Old 11-23-2002, 07:09 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rx's were not narrowbanded. It is the transmitter that required the narrowband check and even then some could not be approved, only the TX would have the gold sticker If not it is unlikely that radio is or has been legal since 1991.

In Most the single conversion Rx's could not be narrowbanded so the standard procedure was to have the Tx checked and stickered then a new narrow band Rx used.

John
Old 11-23-2002, 07:31 PM
bbrowncods

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I stand corrected. Your right, I remember sending in the Rx and getting back a Narrow banded Rx but with the same frequency (Ch 46). I never sent in the Tx though.
I'm thinking it is better to buy new.
It seems a shame as this radio was awesome and still looks new, just needs a battery pack. I still have everything that came with it in the original box including Warranty Card!
Thanks!
Old 11-23-2002, 10:09 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CS TX

I had 3 of these once. If the TX is FM and has the black plastic enclosed RF module in the TX (left side under Rudder/Throttle stick where the crystal is), then likely the TX meets "gold sticker" requirements. However, it isn't worth flying until you get it checked. If it was ever sent to Airtronics after 1991, it would have a sticker on the back of the case. Cost for the battery plus the checkup = about half of a complete new system. Buy a new radio like a RD-6000 which will operate your old receiver & servos just fine..