Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Multiplex users can email model memories and programs from Tx to Tx?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex users can email model memories and programs from Tx to Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 10:48 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Multiplex users can email model memories and programs from Tx to Tx?

It occurs to me that as long as 2 Mpx users are using the same PC backup software for the same type of Tx (I use the excellent sMPX from Seagull Technologies for my 3030), then we should be able to send individual model memories, or even the entire set of model memories to one another via email. That way anyone who has perfected a complex set up for a particular sailplane or aerobatic model, or just an example of the complex programming to achieve some stunning feature, can email the backup file to anyone who is interested in how to do that programming, and they can load it onto their Tx. Or they can simply print it out to see all the values, settings, assignments and mixes neatly laid out on a sheet of A4. Eat your hearts out Futaba and JR!

Has anyone got sMPX and a 3030 and would like to give it a try to prove it works?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:51 AM
Mr T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MC24

I can do the same on my Graupner (JR) MC-24 transmitter.
Which by the way looks more like MPX TX than JR, and also has 12 channels. And the only chrome on it is plating on the telescopic antenna but I guess that is inevitable on all transmitters MPX included. :-)
Old 11-29-2002, 11:32 AM
JoanC

HarryC,

Is there a software like sMPX for the 4000?
Old 11-30-2002, 05:07 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by JoanC
HarryC,

Is there a software like sMPX for the 4000?
Mpx own software for the 4000 is in German and is ancient DOS technology.

I aksed Neil Gillies, who wrote sMPX for 3030, if he planned to do the same for the 4000. He wants to but does not own a 4000 to play with and Mpx were reticent about giving him the information he needs. We all need to write to Mpx, perhaps via our national distributors and tell them to either do it themselves or give Neil the information, but to get a move on and do one or the other! I am writing to the UK distributor to ask them to ask Mpx.

Harry
Old 12-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Gary Retterbush

Harry, I've done it with the old DOS MPX software for the 3030 and the 4000. Works just fine.

As I recall, there was/is a site for posting such which is sponsored by Karlton (USA MPX). Not many take/took advantage of it due to the German language thing and the DOS software. As more folks go to Win 2000 and XP it is getting nearly impossible to get the old DOS software to run properly. Don't ask how I know!