Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Digital Servo weird problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 06:40 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Digital Servo weird problems

I have a new plane which I equiped with 6 Hitec 5625 digital servos, 1 Futaba 3004, Hitec 3200 8 channel receiver and a JR 1800Mah battery pack. Everything checked fine on the bench. On it's first flight it felt like I was getting hit after about 5 minutes in the air. As soon as it touched down the rudder lock hard over. Inspecting the plane in the pits found the rudder servo jumping all over the place. I concluded it to be a bad servo.

That night I replaced it with a new 5645. Next day same thing, only this time it lock hard over in flight. Luckily I got it safely on the ground. I tested the original servo with the HFP-10 and after about 5 minutes exercising it, it goes nuts. The new servo checks fine. Is it possible the first servo somehow damaged the channel on the receiver? Maybe some sort of a compatibility problem with my Futaba 9C transmitter?

I'm at a loss on this one. I've taken a Futaba receiver I know is good and put it in the new plane and took the Hitec receiver out and put it in a plane I don't care too much about. I ran both of them in the shop last night in this configuration for about an hour with no problems. I still don't have that warm fuzzy feeling. BTW, the servos are all marked Mar 02 which should be the new code and my programmer software is at 1.03.

Thanks for any help,

Barry
Old 11-25-2002, 07:28 PM
AJF 2
My Feedback: (1)

Another Hitec Digitial story--do a search on Hitec digitials--a lot of docummented events just like yours.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:52 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Well, just back from the field. My plan was to fuel up and taxi around for 15 or 20 minutes working the servos as hard as possible in hopes that changing the RX solved the problem. I no sooner got on the runway when my left flap started going nuts. Another Hitec 5625. At this point my only choice is to strip out the Hitecs for something else.

Barry
Old 11-25-2002, 09:38 PM
desert aardvark

Default Hitec Digital Servos

Have you check hitec rcd web site. They warn about there older digital servos behaving erratically with other brand transmitter. I believe they offer a free fix as well.

Desert Aardvark
Old 11-25-2002, 11:59 PM
Davis

Send this message to the RC Universe, RC Radios - Receivers - Servos, Hitec Radio and see what they have to say. You will be saving someone's airplane and your own.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Giant Scale

I have followed the debate on hitec digitals for quite some time now. I have had one 5645 fail while the plane was on the ground due to a faulty motor. It seems to me that the 5625's are more problematic than the 5645's. It would be prudent to avoid using the 5625's until hitec addresses the problems with them. I use the 5945's and 5735's almost exclusively now in my giant scale planes with zero problems. I have been very happy with the service and support from hitec and will continue to use their products.
Barry what I would do is remove the 5625's and replace them with either Futaba or JR equivalents, perhaps they will work better with your setup.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:15 PM
davo74
My Feedback: (1)

I havent used any giant scale hitec servos, but ive had standard size ones go crazy right out of the box. They just sit there and chatter and shake until you cycle them a few times, ive since gone back to using all futaba servos...
Dave-0