Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Serious servo jitter

Old 11-29-2002, 03:13 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious servo jitter

I recently purchased 4 NEW 527's (JR) as part of a flight pack. I had intended to use them on a Hobbico Spectrum I am now putting together (what a nightmare). I had already installed 517's in the wing and wanted to test the throws. After hooking up the switch and battery I tested the 517's and everything worked perfectly, smooth as silk. Wanting to use the 527's on other functions, I hooked them up to the receiver and all went absolutely nuts. am overlooking something or did I get hosed on the purchase? I tried changing switch harness..same thing. I even hooked the battery direct to the receiver and you guessed it, same thing. I even tried using batteries in different states of charge, Nicads and Nimh made no difference. Help!
Old 11-29-2002, 06:08 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Tell us about it

What exactly is happening when you say,
and all went absolutely nuts.
Are all of them plugged in etc? We'll get it worked out, I'm sure_bob
Old 11-29-2002, 10:54 AM
JL636

I should have been a little clearer on my description of going "nuts", my fault. The servo arms were jittering back and forth and it sounded intermitant. I would say they were moving back and forth about a quarter of an inch, not just a little jump. When I initially plugged them into the receiver, they were calm as can be, once the transmitter was turned on, it was jitter city. I initially though it was the transmitter, but the 517's worked like I said, "as smooth as silk". Just to let you know, it was a new Hitec receiver and a new crystal. The readout on the transmitter read 10.0 volts, but it is a JR 622, which is an older radio. The radio still has the original battery in it although it was never used. The radio was charged on the Accu-cycler and appeared to hold a good charge.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:38 PM
bob_nj

Are the receivier and transmitter tuned to each other, or just a crystal swap?
Old 11-29-2002, 04:46 PM
JL636

The radio was purchased here on RCU, it was NIB but the guy who had it wanted to keep the receiver and servos. He did substitute a off brand receiver (junk) which was immdeiately discarded. Being as I needed a receiver I ordered a new Hitec Supreme and the appoppriate crystal. It seems a little odd that the 517's work perfectly and the 527's jump around. Other than sending the radio and receiver in for a check up/tune up, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:37 AM
bob_nj

Default Ask Danny

I'm not familiar with the 527's. skDanny in the JR forum. I'll follow the thread from there_bob