Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6EXAS + Flap Function- HOW???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:38 PM
MKMotorsport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6EXAS + Flap Function- HOW???

OK- I could use some help here...

Im using a Futaba 6EXAS with the flaperon function enabled (dual aileron servos). I beleive I have the "flap" function enabled as well. I cannot for the life of me get the flap function to work- what am I doing wrong? When I turn the dial it looks like I am getting aileron differential of some sort? Im new to this so go easy on me. Im under the impression that "flaps" means I can lower both ailerons simultaneously to slow the plane down/generate increased lift?

Please point out what im doing wrong, nicely

Any help would be appriciated.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Krysta

Default RE: 6EXAS + Flap Function- HOW???

Hi MKMotorsport,

You are correct, what you will need to do is reverse one servos operation for this to work.

Please see our FAQ's for this radio on our website, specifically this one:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-6exa-q710.html

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: MKMotorsport

OK- I could use some help here...

Im using a Futaba 6EXAS with the flaperon function enabled (dual aileron servos). I beleive I have the "flap" function enabled as well. I cannot for the life of me get the flap function to work- what am I doing wrong? When I turn the dial it looks like I am getting aileron differential of some sort? Im new to this so go easy on me. Im under the impression that "flaps" means I can lower both ailerons simultaneously to slow the plane down/generate increased lift?

Please point out what im doing wrong, nicely

Any help would be appriciated.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
MKMotorsport

Krysta,

Thanks for the prompt response!

I actually did see that tech note on your site. If I reverse channel 1 or 6- won't my ailerons work incorrectly in 'normal' flight mode? [] Or does the flaperon/flap function prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!
MKM
Old 02-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Ernie Misner

Motorsport, if you want your ailerons to both droop a bit for landings (this is called "flaperons"), don't use that silly flap knob that turns. There is a much better way to do it. Go to the instructions in your book for Airbrake. With the flip of a switch, both ailerons will droop a bit for landings AND the elevator will either go up or down a bit as needed, all at the same time. Fly the plane with the ailerons drooped first, and then see if you need a little up elevator to compensate. If so, then go back and set that to happen. It's all right there in the airbrake instructions.

good luck!

Ernie