Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14 MZ capability question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 MZ capability question

Currently flying the 9ZAPS WCII and am starting to look around for the next generation.

My specific question is about servo sequencing and did they write this capability into the software?

I would like to do away with the add on sequencers to operate the inner gear doors on my warbirds.

If they have that feature it would be of more value to me rather than pictures of my airplanes in the model select program.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:29 PM
stek79

Default RE: 14 MZ capability question

What do you mean by servo sequencing?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Gremlin Castle

Servo sequencing is required for operation of retract doors and some times bomb bay doors. The inner gear doors have to open before the landing gear can either retract or come down. In the case of airplanes the inner doors open to let the retracts come down and the re close until the gear is retracted whereupon they open, let the gear retract and then close again. There are both electronic and pneumatic valves that do these operations but it would be a nice feature for scale and jet flyers to have this option to eliminate some of the secondary equipment.
ORIGINAL: stek79

What do you mean by servo sequencing?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:54 PM
leszek_k

Multiplex 4000 is an answer.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:13 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: leszek_k

Yep that will do it, and at about half the price.
Regards,

John
Old 03-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Gremlin Castle

I see that you are from the Leeds area. I spent several months there in the mid 90s when Cameron oil Tools was doing work for one of our projects in Qatar.
I spent my time between Cameron and Oulton Hall which became my home away from home.
Outside of traveling over to York and Elvington air base I did not have time to look up the modeling fraternity.
Multiplex certainly has some excellent features but suffers from lack of broad base support here in the states. The Pacific Rim radio makers have a virtual lock on this country. The Multiplex and the Citroen are seen in about equal numbers.
ORIGINAL: JohnMac

ORIGINAL: leszek_k

Yep that will do it, and at about half the price.
Regards,

John
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
JohnMac

Small world. I am the chairman of the Elvington model flyers who naturally fly at the said airfield.
When you say Cameron, the only company I know of that name in Leeds is Cameron Iron Works. If that is the same company you may know a friend of mine who worked there, Andy Shutt. Andy was a good model pilot back in the early 70's.
The Futaba will probably give you the capability you want but I don't use the stuff so I don't know. It is a shame that Multiplex never really got a start in the USA as it is the best radio I have ever used.
My understandingis that the software in the ZAP was based on the Multiplex 3030 software. Certainly the Cam Pack was licensed from Multiplex who had patented the idea.
It is not too long a stretch of logic then to consider that the software in the 14MZ is based on the MC 4000 software, although Multiplex are tight lipped on the subject (but don't deny it either). If my speculation is accurate then the 14MZ will have the capabilityyou want.
Regards,

John
Old 03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Gremlin Castle

It is indeed Cameron Iron Works but I do not remember the name Andy Shutt.

The day that I was up there was the day that Malcom Campbell Jr. was testing the electric speed record vehicle.

Also have they gone any further with the Mosquito restoration? It was still pretty much dismantled when I saw it.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Gremlin Castle

I forgot to ask but where on the field does the R/C activity take place?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
JohnMac

As I understand it the Mossie is making slow progress. Personally I cannot wait to see this one finished, it is such a fabulous aircraft.
We fly in many different locations on the airfield, often on the Pan or at either end of the runway. We do not get on all that often nowadays as the airfield is now in private hands and it costs us quite a lot of money to get on there each day. We have 18 meeting dates this year and the club is full with a waiting list.There are not many places that you can fly jets in the UK so Elvington is a godsend.
Regards,

John