Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I want an american made radio set

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 01:16 PM
jskrebs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want an american made radio set

Well,

I bought a used Proline transmitter and will be converting it to a Micro Star over the next several months. I also bought a Silver Seven system with 2 flight packs, and a Kraft Spectrum (yes I know Japanese) and will be flying American by spring time.

We will be doing kamakazi combat with the two Firebirds!, and the Wattage Lightning.
Old 12-08-2002, 05:56 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twenty year ago, I started flying RC (in 83') with a Kraft 3 channel "brick" outfit. Then I upgraded to a Futaba "brown box" 6 channel, which still did not have dual rates (but did have reversing switches - wow!)

Today, I fly Airtronics 6, 7 and 10 channel computer radios. I wouldnt wish that old rc gear on my worst enemy. Yes, I am nostalgic for old planes and old engines, but the radios - ugh! Untill you actually use a nice JR, Airtronics or Futaba (among others) modern radio with the convenience of servo endpoints, centering, all the mixes, etc you dont know what you are missing.

Heck, I still have an MRC 5 channel too. What a relic! None of these are legal anymore anyhow, but even if they were I wouldnt use them. (all AM radios, non dual conversion receivers, just askingfor trouble...)

HAve fun with what ever you chose but chose wisely.

AJC
Old 12-08-2002, 09:19 PM
jskrebs

The microstar will do all that hightech stuff. And the Proline metal gimbles are awsome. I have some experience in electronics so I do not think it will pose a tremendous challange to upgrade the transmitter

I have owned a Futaba, can't remember the vintage, it was a helicoptor model for my GMP Cobra! Had about 20 trim pots and dip switches to set everything up. Worked great but I still prefered my Kraft KP7C in my Kaos and Byron F-16. My buddy had a Proline in his dirty birdi and I really liked that.

I plan on buying FMA or similar flight packs as I believe they are a hybrid between american and asian Mfg.

Off Topic, but I can't find a web site for COX engines, want some TD's
Old 12-09-2002, 03:47 PM
hebertjj

Try this link for Estes/Cox:

http://www.estesrockets.com/products/product218.html

You'll have to poke around to find what you want.

Joel