Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

receivers and radios

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 04:06 PM
Ronplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receivers and radios

I have a 27 mhz chanel 2 radio and reciever , will this be ok at the flying field?
Old 12-01-2002, 05:18 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look Here

http://modelaircraft.org/comp/frequency.htm

They are listed as not recommended but to me that's a bit dubious? Since you asked here, my answer is don't do it! For safety and the welfare of others around you, it just isn't wise.
Hope that helps_bob
Old 12-01-2002, 09:33 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default receivers and radios

Yes, it is legal; there are quite a number of the park fliers using the 27 MHZ band. Most of the ones I've seen do have limited range and are very subject to interference from CB equipment. Range is really determined by the design of the equipment. It was not to many years back that that was the frequency we all used and superregen at that. Yes, we had problems with range and interference.