Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any Challenger 720 users out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 05:20 AM
CLBetten
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Challenger 720 users out there?

I have an older 720. I have replaced the Tx battery and bought a new Hitec reciever. The radio seems to work very well. I have range tested it as well as possible without having installed it in a plane. I have tried to duplicate actual use by bumping and handling the case and it seems to be perfect. Now after having invested more than I probably should have and feeling confident about installing it I have been told that these Tx's did not have a good service record and I would be crazy to use it. I would like some opinions from people who have used these radios and get an idea of how well they worked even new. Is there some other way I can assure the integrity of the unit without sending it to Hitec?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:37 PM
GMPheli

I had one of these years ago. Worked fine for years for me. BTW, this radio is the same internally as the World Engines Expert 7 channel radio. If you are concerned about its reliability, why not test it in an old plane first.

Alan Angus
Old 11-21-2002, 11:21 PM
avinut
My Feedback: (2)

I have been flyin one ever since they came out. I now have a Hitec computer radio that uses the same basic design with a freq. selectable module. I still use the 720's though.(there is more than one) Also have one of the world engines variety. Never had any trouble with any of them.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:16 PM
COAV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default No problems

Yep. Great Radio. I bought one new in 88. Used it for quite a while. Traded it complete with the plane a few years back. I too. never had a problem. I had the 5 channel PCM it was great also. Do a good Range check with the engine at full power. If it's okay. FLY Moose.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:27 AM
Live Wire

Great radio have had no problems with it. Is a radio that was in production when Aristo-Craft HiTechmerged.