Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

right radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:16 AM
skymortar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right radio?

i just went online and bought their 4x4a computer radio.was that a descent purchase?i also have nitro boats.will it run them?futaba from tower
Old 02-25-2006, 02:17 AM
skymortar

Default RE: right radio?

sorry,goldberg piper cub
Old 02-25-2006, 07:41 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: right radio?

After seeing your post of this question in the beginners forum I decided to wander over here and take a look. There are probably many people asking themselves what the heck a 4x4a radio? As far as I know, the 4EXA only comes in Aircraft frequencies, the 72mhz band. This cannot be used for surface vehicles such as boats and cars. You will need a second radio for your boats. It's an ok choice for a beginner, although I would tend to steer someone to a 6exa because it has more capability for only a little more money.

Also, if the Cub is intended to be your first plane, it's not a good choice. A better choice is a trainer, such as the Tower Trainer.