Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Antenna repair.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
MoNKEyZQ8
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna repair.

I tried searching but came up with a little.. But nothing to answer my question.

Recently I pulled my piper cub out of storage, and it seems that my antenna has just fell apart. It's possible that a pet rabbit that we use to have chewed it up.

I was wondering if its possible to just solder the ends back together, and use electrical tape to shroud it, or if its possible to get a totally new antenna for a HITECH reciever.

Its winter, so I am in no hurry, thanks.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Antenna repair.

Yes go to your local hobby shop and get a replacement for 2 or 3 bucks.
If you can solder it is very easy to touch the solder where the antena is soldered to the circut board with a hot iron don't hold it on there any longer than it takes to to get the old anten out.
then do the same to stick the new antena in, done.
Larry
Old 02-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can use any flexable stranded wire, gauge not real important, anything from 24 to 20 will work (even smaller will work but may lack sufficient strength to prevent easy breakage). Make it 39 to 41 inches long and just solder it to the circuit board where the old one was attached. As mentioned above, the lands are quite close together so you could damage the board or short out some adjacent lands if you are not careful. If you are not comfortable with soldering, get an experienced friend to give you a hand, it is not difficult.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
MoNKEyZQ8
My Feedback: (2)

Great, thanks for the info guys.

I'm just getting back into the hobby, so its been a while.

Gota go the the hobby store anyway. All my CA glue is dried up. (Best if used by 1-01!!!!! SO ITS BEEN A WHILE!) lol..