Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Conquest AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:24 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba Conquest AM

I have a couple of Futaba Conquest AM 4 channel systems . The batteries are toast , and they are old radios. I was thinking about upgrading to new equipment. Will I get better range with FM or just a clearer signal ?? I've got seven s36 servos that are pretty much new. Sell or just solder new ends on to fit ? Not doing anything fancy yet , just checking my options. I would hate to buy parts for older systems If I don't keep them.

Andy
Old 02-28-2006, 11:20 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Conquest AM

Andy,

As I read your post it sounds like your receivers may have the old G connector, if so, those Rx are almost certainly not narrow band. The Tx, depending on age may be narrow band, check for the gold sticker. You can't fly an old wide band AM or FM system at an AMA club field, if you fly by yourself in the boonies I guess you could use them.
As to FM being better, in theory for sure, but most guys who have had both couldn't tell the difference, especially when you fly like I do
Good luck,

Pete

P.S. I had one of those systems, bought it new in "88" but I took advantage of the Futaba narrow band rx upgrade ($20 I think) around "91", I gave the radio away 2 years ago, and it's still in use[8D]
Old 02-28-2006, 02:13 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba Conquest AM

Pete, Looks like I'm not flying with the club !! LOL I was looking at building or buying a RTF or ARF electric , and I just wanted one transmitter. I don't think I'll have very good luck getting micro parts for this one. The good thing is I have Gods country all around me so as long as I'm carefull I can fly my other planes.

Thanks for the info !!