Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question on Proportional Retract Servo

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
butchn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Proportional Retract Servo

I am looking for a low profile (aileron type) proportional servo with medium to high torque that I can use in combination with the "go - slow" speed reducing electronic device ... I converted an S148 to 180 degrees but it will not fit in the wing. I am in the process of completing the Hangar 9 Corsair and feel that the ability to control the retract servo speed along with the ability to use ATV would be a good combination. The Airtronics 94739 proportional retract servo would be great except it is the same size as the S148 and I think they are being discontinued. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone done the 180 mod to a low profile servo? Can't believe that with all the stuff out there that there is not one low profile proportional retract servo on the market - thought that if someone knows of one it would probably be on this forum.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:26 PM
laryboy

Default RE: Question on Proportional Retract Servo

These tiny devices make servos do more realistic control!

SI0833 Servo Dual-Rate & Reverse Module ..... $ 26.90
OUT- EST. MARCH 3
1-3/8x3/8x1/4", weighs less than 3 grams, has two 3 pin male connections for servos and 3" pigtail with Hitec plug. Use to reverse the direction of one servo when two servos are connected to one channel. You can set the travel of the reversed servo to match that of the normal servo. SI0809 Servo Delay Module ..... $ 26.90
IN STOCK
1-3/8x3/8x1/4", weighs less than 3 grams, has 3 pin male connection for servo and 3" pigtail with Hitec plug. Use to slow down the rate that a servo arm moves, ideal for making mechanical retracts (using a standard servo) or flaps move at a scale speed. Simply install between the servo and the receiver and adjust the setting screw. Full travel of servo can be reduced to over 10 seconds. Not for use with 180 degree retract servos.
HOBBY LOBBY
Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Hitec's HS-77 low profile servo in some gear applciations, however its limited to 120* servo angle. You'll have to modify it if you need 180*s.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
butchn

Thanks for the Info! I have already built the electronics circuit to slow down the servo, and the Tech at Servo City said that the Hitec HS-77 can be modified by a resistor change so that is the next step - going out to buy one today. Guess I'll have to experiment with the resistor values since the Tech did not tell me what values to use. I'll probably start with the same ones used for the S148 and see what happens.

Just got the word back from Servo City - they said to use 2.2K resistors ... so that is what we'll do.