Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need JR crystal for JR Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
codepunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need JR crystal for JR Receiver?

The hobby shop guy had no idea but he sold me the JR receiver anyway. I pulled out the crystal for my other plane's receiver (non JR) and it doesn't work. Do I specifically need a JR cyrstal to work with my JR receiver? Don't remember the receiver type off hand but the guy said it was new and would work with my Futaba Tx (negative pole shift right?).

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need JR crystal for JR Receiver?

ORIGINAL: codepunk

The hobby shop guy had no idea but he sold me the JR receiver anyway. I pulled out the crystal for my other plane's receiver (non JR) and it doesn't work. Do I specifically need a JR cyrstal to work with my JR receiver? Don't remember the receiver type off hand but the guy said it was new and would work with my Futaba Tx (negative pole shift right?).

Thanks,
Mark
Mark, in my experience, you won't get that JR receiver to work with your Futaba crystal. In addition, your JR receiver will need a JR, Airtronics, or Multiplex transmitter, to match the "shift." Some HiTec transmitters can match the "shift", as can a Polk's Hobby transmitter.

Positive "shift" is an attribute of JR, Airtronics and Multiplex systems. Negative "Shift is an attribute of your Futaba and ordinary HiTec transmitters.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
carrellh

There is one new model JR receiver that is supposed to be compatible with Futaba transmitters.

You must have the correct JR crystal for the receiver. This is true for most brands.
JR Rx = JR crystal
Futaba Rx = Futaba crystal
Hitec Rx = Hitec crystal
etc etc etc
Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

jr receivers are single converson type. the xtal in a futaba receiver is for dual conversion types
Old 03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
codepunk

Actually, the receiver works with both JR and Futaba transmitters. It's some brand new one they released. I guess I'll go buy a JR crystal and see if that works.

-Mark
Old 03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: codepunk

Actually, the receiver works with both JR and Futaba transmitters. It's some brand new one they released. I guess I'll go buy a JR crystal and see if that works.

-Mark
There was a post about it recently. From what I read, it does not automatically select the shift; there is a jumper of some sort inside the receiver case that you move to set negative or positive shift.

No matter how the shift selection is done the JR crystal is definitely required.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
codepunk

Yeah, you take it apart and move this little wire. Did that but since I wasn't using a JR crystal, nothing worked. Going to get one now. Thanks for the help guys.

-Mark
Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

any positive shift crystal will work. Like airtronics , hitec , and JR/ ko propo .
I recommend Performance devices , they have every crystal you will need .
Old 03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
bpannier

600 RECIEVER WILL REQUIRE A JR CRYSTAL WITH EATHER SHIFT. CALL JR HELP LINE ..