Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 6102 or 8103 - changing stick mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
mervmatthews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 6102 or 8103 - changing stick mode

The JR X-388S is rather unique among computer radios in that the Tx stick mode is readily changeable by the user from Mode 1 to Mode 2 or even Mode 3 or 4. Swapping the centering spring and throttle ratchet is simple enough, the user manual gives instructions, but the software needs changing so that Rx labels for servo connections remain correct. This is achieved in the X-388S in the system setting mode (Stick Mode Selection). However, this facility is no longer available on current JR models. Presumably it is now done within the service mode because JR recommend that the Tx be returned to a JR technician for a stick mode change.
Fiddling within the service mode is not for amateurs, but it ought to be simple enough to find the stick mode function and change it. Does anyone know how?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 PM
olivier

Default RE: JR 6102 or 8103 - changing stick mode

Hi,

For changing the stick-mode of the JR6102, I have been looking into the manual of the Graupner MX12 which has probably the same software.
It says this :
1. Maintain the buttons DOWN and SELECT pushed simultaniously and switch-on your transmitter in order to acces the mode-system.
2. Press the buttons UP or DOWN untill the display shows STICK MODE.
3. Push on (+) or (-), to change stickmode.
4. If you press CLEAR, mode 1 is automatically re-select (factory setting).
5. you leave the STICK MODE by pressing simultaniously the buttons DOWN and SELECT.

Please confirm for the JR6102 if it is the same.

Olivier
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM
mervmatthews

Thanks Olivier for your suggestion. I don't actually have a JR 6102 or 8303 on which to try out your tip. I have a JR X388S which went U/S and I was thinking of upgrading, but I want to keep with Mode 1 (throttle on RIGHT side). I eventually purchased a used X388S, set up in Mode 2 which I thought I could change, but now I find that it is a later model X388S and the stick mode setting option has been removed from the model setup sequence. Curses!!
The throttle ratchet and elevator centering spring can still be readily changed over, and there must be a way of changing the software for mode 1 stick setup because the factory can do it, so why not the user? I know how to get into the service setup menu (by toggling the gear switch in conjunction with the + and - keys) but I can't find any item in there which looks like "stick mode".
Why does JR do this to us???[>:]
Merv
Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Kemblin

Most of the JR transmitters (and the MX6 - which is a JR transmitter in disguise) need you top solder a pull-up resistor onto the board whcih then magically enables the mode option in the system menu.

In the DX6 it is R41 - a 1k resisitor.

I also the info for the 6102 - but cant remember off the top of my head.

I just had to do this to convert my DX6 to Mode 1. Horizon were INCREDIBLY unhelpful and protective about this!!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

I need to change my 6102 to mode 1. Be nice if someone had the info.

Danny
Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
mervmatthews

I've got the info Danny - send me an email.