Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba servos, what's the difference between these two

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba servos, what's the difference between these two

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Futaba servos, what's the difference between these two

I need some standard size servos for a sixty size model, and would like to know what is the basic difference between the S148 and the S3003. Thanks.

Karol
Old 03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Futaba servos, what's the difference between these two

http://www.servocity.com click on Futaba you can see all the specs.

also
http://www.futaba-rc.com has plenty of info on thier products.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba servos, what's the difference between these two

ORIGINAL: karolh
I need some standard size servos for a sixty size model, and would like to know what is the basic difference between the S148 and the S3003. Thanks.
Karol
The 3003 is the basic standard servo with no bearings in the case. The 148 is what Futaba calls a precision servo, still no bearings though. There is a thread in the Futaba factory support forum about the differences in the 3001 vs 3004 and Bax or Krysta described what the difference is between a regular servo and a 'precision' one. The thread is relevent to your question because the 3001 is the ball bearing version of the 148 and the 3004 is the ball bearing version of the 3003.

There is something in the way the precision servo works that makes it handle certain vibration better than the regular servo. The 3003/3004 are not recommended by Futaba for Heli use and the 148/3001 are recommended for Heli use.