Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba "Support" Forum?????

Old 03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba "Support" Forum?????

For the second time, I have had a post deleted in that forum when a question went unanswered and I answered it. This time, after being admonished earlier about my inappropriate first reply, I told the guy, who posted a second query with the word "Anyone???", that only "support" pesonnel were authorized to post answers in there, and that he could wait or re-post his question in this forum.

Somebody deleted that post, but obviously didn't have the time to answer the guy's question; it is STILL unanswered.

What a shining example to set...

P.S.: I wonder if THIS post will get whacked as well?????????????????????????
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba "Support" Forum?????

From the Support Forum Section:

This forum is intended to provide a place for modelers to ask questions about Futaba R/C equipment and how to use it and/solve difficulties. Please do not reply to any question some may ask. Only Futaba Support representatives should post here. If you have an additional question within a particular thread's topic, you may post your question in an already-existing thread.

Postings that involve discussions, or answers to questions by people who are not from Futaba Support will be deleted.

Questions or responses to our answers may be edited at the discretion of the forum moderator. Some postings may be moved to other forums if the moderator deems it appropriate.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Seems pretty clear.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Krysta and Bax do the best they can...

if you would like to answer someones question... the best thing is to send them a PM.. Bax let me know that one time.....
Old 03-14-2006, 08:31 PM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: Phaedrus-MMVI

Seems pretty clear.
Indeed. And after it was pointed out to me, the first time, I understood the reasoning. I only posted this second time because the guy sounded desperate. I did NOT "answer" his question; only pointed out that he would get a quicker response in this forum.

But you miss my point. Somebody had the time to delete my post, but obviously did NOT have the time to answer the guy's question. I find that odd; guess you don't.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 AM
carrellh

I replied in the Futaba forum once and Lightfoot deleted it. He is an RCU moderator but not a Futaba rep, so he cannot reply there either..
Old 03-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

I made the same mistake yesterday - Krysta deleted it but did post a reply giving the guy basicly the same info I had posted and he had already read and replied to.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
LSP972

They still haven't answered the guy's question about buddy boxing...
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Krysta

Mr. Campbell,

I am sorry that I cannot get to the answers in our Support Forum as quickly as I should. Unfortunatley while I may have good intentions of answering all questions as soon as I come in each day, this does not always happen. Answers are deleted, as the sticky tells everyone that this is a "Support Forum".

What Bax and I do here on RCU is not our main job. We do not have an time allotted in our day to read and answer this forum, but only do so when we can grab 5 or 10 minutes between the numerous other things that we do here.

It is not our intention that anyone go unanswered. Some of these questions I have PM'd and am working on answers to, others do understand that either Bax or I will answer as soon as we have a moment.

Krysta

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

They still haven't answered the guy's question about buddy boxing...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:10 AM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: Krysta

... others do understand that either Bax or I will answer as soon as we have a moment.

Krysta
I understand that too. What puzzled (and annoyed) me was my attempt to help the guy being deleted, but his question wasn't answered. I now know that other moderators can delete out of there, before you may even see it. Which brings another question to mind... but we won't go there.

I guess its true... no good deed goes unpunished.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

ORIGINAL: Krysta

... others do understand that either Bax or I will answer as soon as we have a moment.

Krysta
I understand that too. What puzzled (and annoyed) me was my attempt to help the guy being deleted, but his question wasn't answered. I now know that other moderators can delete out of there, before you may even see it. Which brings another question to mind... but we won't go there.

I guess its true... no good deed goes unpunished.
Why do you want to play victim instead of accomplishing your stated goal?

The best way to help the guy is understand the system. You seem to have abandoned helping the guy, and have begun to complain that you can't REPLY in the Support forum.

Send him a PM.

OR, make post in this forum, with the problem in the topic.

OR, post a new "question" in the support forum, asking if the answer to the other poster is as you state.

It's free, enjoy.
Dave Olson
Old 03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Dont worry Steve, I understand where you are coming from, even if these others cant seem to. I had a similar problem on the OS support forum three weeks ago. I asked a question about a 3 blade prop size for an OS 160, and didnt get a reply for a week. Seeing that my question was getting pretty far down the page, I also posted the reply "anyone?". It was promptly deleted, and I was sent a condescending email telling me to "be patient". When I finally DID get a reply from the supposedly knowledgable OS rep, his reply basically stated he had no clue. Little different situation, but I understand your frustration about trying to help the guy. If your information was the same as the rep's, why not just leave your post alone. I guess if you dont work for em, they think you dont know what you're talking about. My personal opinion is, why have manufacturer direct support forums if the manufacturer's reps dont have the time to read and answer them. I get way more and better info off the regular forums.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: Lowlevlflyer

Dont worry Steve, I understand where you are coming from, even if these others cant seem to.
Thank you.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: Scar

Why do you want to play victim instead of accomplishing your stated goal?
Oh, please...

In the first place I didn't state a "goal". I expressed amazement at the way things unfolded; and received some answers that explained some of the apparent contradictions. If I want sympathy, I'll look in the dictionary; there certainly isn't any to be found here. And that's the way it should be; this is an information clearing house, not a coffee klatch.

FYI, I did PM the guy; as did several others too, apparently. He decided to solve his problem by upgrading to a 9C. And I DID 'work the system' by advising the fellow that he would get a quicker response away from the support forum. That advice was deleted. Guess you missed that part, too, eh?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:26 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After getting bounced I also have just pm'd the poster including the comment that I am not the support author but just a guy wanting to help. Its all good.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:08 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

FWIW, I have posted a couple of polite, helpful replies in the Hitec forum which answered the poster's original question, without getting deleted. If one's answer is correct and helpful, the Hitec forum moderator apparently does not automatically delete things (like we see on some other Mfr forums).