Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP783 stick mode change

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
lmc_cal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP783 stick mode change

I would like to know if anyone knows how to change the stick mode on the JR XP783. I fly mode 1 since I started and always used Futaba radios. Now I got this JR and I assume that mechanically changing the stick (throttle on the right with ailerons) it wouldn't be a problem but electronically I know that the JR's need a modification in the pc board.
Thank you for any help!
Lou
Old 03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR XP783 stick mode change

I've done this and it takes a bit of soldering with a small iron, not a big gun, but it's pretty easy.

First open up the case and swap the throttle clicker with the spring centering on the other side. Watch out for losing the springs-they'll fly off if you give them a chance.

The wire change on the PC board really isn't much. Don't forget when the tx is opened up, the sticks are backwards. Each channel has a wire color (red and black are power). I seem to recall the colors are blue, green, orange and yellow, but that may be off somewhat. You want to switch the throttle and aileron. Both of these are pots on the side of the stick assembly. Check the 2 pots and find the wire colors.

On the pc board as you are looking into the case, on the right are where they attach to the board. All the wires are in a row. Touch your iron (I use a 27 watt Radio Shack iron) to the solder on the board and pull the wire out. Do this on the other color and swap them.

The trim wires have matching colors with a white stripe. Blue and white spiral stripe, for example. Swap these two also unless you want reversed trims. I usually keep my trims on the same side, but some pattern fliers like the reversed trims. That's it. It's not very hard, but can be scary the first time.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 PM
lmc_cal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR XP783 stick mode change

Thanks Ed!

I Tought about to do it in this way but I remembered a friend who told me he did it in his JR 6 channels an clipped a diode or a wire to change the mode by the software (Futaba 8U style). I agreed that the spring has to be changed and the rachet if it has one.

Lou
W6/LU1FDJ