Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Polk Hobbies Tracker III

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Polk Hobbies Tracker III

Hi;Yes should probably send them in but getting costly to do that now with currenty UPS costs.Although since quitting useing them haven't had a glitchs or unexplained cra*****he only other one at our field got the hint with one plane and no longer used his there!I have never questioned the seeker 2s and still use them in several planes although now switching over to 2.4 and the Futaba 9Cs Planes last so much better now!!!We fly next to a huge military testing facility and I believe that something maybe in there design allows them to be affected by some of whatmay be going on at that base!!I fly them up in Wi.and have never had a bit of trouble there as has the other fellow to just don't use them here in Yuma Az.anymore!Other radios don't have the same problem as often as the Trackers!John has been so cooperative when I have talked to him and has checked some of the radios for me always only answer I get back is it is a programing problem and could be fixed over the phone!Couple have been problems with the gimabls too if I remember correct!I have 2 9Cs one with the spectrum 2.4 and one with the Futaba 2.4 module and just ordered the synthasised module that should cover all bases!Flying with out the glitches is muchmore relaxing.No more unscheduled loops and dives etc!I did realy love the radios and for there price hard to beat just sending couple of seeker 2s back to be checked out were from past crashes.BIg hassle sending them back when can get equipment that seems to preform much more reliably.As I said never have had problem at any other field with them!Good Luck!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:02 AM
neons

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Now that Polk's TrackerIII are out of business, are there any known service people that actually are capable of servicing the existing transmitters. Love mine.
Neons
Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 AM
skypupmut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure would ike to know
I OWN 2 tracker III ONE IS WORKING PROPERLY BUT THE SECOND ONE IS ALL MIXED UP AFTER THE TX batter failed
(I forgot the switch on ) sorry for the caps keyboard problems

Last edited by skypupmut; 02-12-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 AM
neons

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Even though the transmitter does not work on 7mhz. does not mean it is no good. You can still enjoy all the functions with a FlySky or Corona DIY 2.4 kit. I have it in my transmitter and I use both 72 and 2.4 all in one in the same transmitter. Some people just use 2.4hz kit. and never use the 72mhz original setup anymore. The 2,4 kit is used by switch on the Student Mode holding the bottom left button while turning the trans on. I have been doing this for about 3 years now with good luck.
Neons Bob