Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:15 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio Input Needed

I am looking to get a new radio soon and I'm considering a computer model radio. It don't need to be to fancy I only fly planes no heli's. I am just wondering what you people use and like.

Thanks for your input on this
Old 12-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of planes are you going to be flying? Basic 4 ch planes or something more complicated?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:28 AM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

basic and sport 4 channel
Old 12-11-2002, 02:43 AM
kokemon

Even if you just fly planes, I would probably recommend at least a 6 channel radio. That way if you want to add flaps or retracts your radio will have the capability, and you don't have to buy one later. I had Futaba 6XAS, and I liked it a lot, the only reason I got rid of it was because I started flying heli's. Now I have a Futaba 9C and will probably have that for a long time to come.

Dan
Old 12-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Tom02

I agree, go with atleast a 6 ch. the JR 662 or the Futaba equivalent. But evenually you'll want more features, I currently use an 8103, and the only reason I use this radio is b/c when I got my US 60 w/ quad flaps (7 ch) I needed a radio that could do that. But when you do buy, buy something good so you're not getting a new Tx every time you get a new plane.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:11 PM
ed42d-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Eventually you may end up more than one or two planes, a computer radio that can handle multiple models is a great feature. Another nice feature is a radio that will allow you to enter the name of your plane, like Cub or Extra300. It helps the memory deprived (like me) so you know that you are setup for the right plane.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:11 PM
MikeL

The best buy in 6-channel radios is the Airtronics RD6000 series. Far more features than a 6XAS or 662 for the same price range. It'll do both positive and negative shift for receivers, letting you use any PPM/FM one you might already have. It's a great radio!
Old 12-11-2002, 08:23 PM
TexasAirMedic
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with MikeL .. I have the RD6000 Super and it's a great radio. I'm getting a different one that fits me a little better, but for the money, the 6000 is awesome.. you get more $ for $ than with any other 6 channel, plus extras like servo centering, 5 point pitch curves on heli .. etc ..