Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

New plane flaperon setup & humming servos, min voltage for safe flight

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New plane flaperon setup & humming servos, min voltage for safe flight

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 03:12 AM
PT40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New plane flaperon setup & humming servos, min voltage for safe flight

3 Questions, JR 652 Radio:
1) My wing has two ailron servos. I set it up for flaperons. I used subtrim to get the ailerons level. Now both ailerons go up more than they go down in unison. The travel of both servos moves less in one direction than the other. I think this may be normal. I started to fiddle with differential but in my circumstances it only decreases the amount of up AND down of both servos proportionately....So I must have the maximum as a default. Are my thoughts correct?
2) In the manual it refers to Throttle Alt. I do notice that my Throttle acts like the Throttle Alt is ON, per the manuals' description. Is this a standard feature that is always on? If not how do I access it.
3) I have two servos buzzing. I take off the connections and they stop. They are not moving, just humming. I assume that my connections are putting just the slightest pull on the servo which is causing this. I've tried to correct it until I am blue with no success. Is my suspicion warranted? Do I have to eliminate this buzzing before I fly or do I simply need to monitor my 1100 mAh battery?

Oh! Sorry, one more, is there a chart or what is the minimum safe voltage on my battery pack and radio? Gas model.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:33 AM
Balsa Duster

use the end point adjustment "epa" on each of youre flaperons servos to gain the desired movement distance. if you desire or need on youre plane.

the buzzing should be fine as long as they are not jittering or loud ( indecating binding control serface) as long as the controll serface is not binding you will be fine.

by!
Old 01-25-2002, 03:59 AM
PT40

Default Hate to sound newbie, but whats and end point adjustment?

Is the a mechanical adjustment? Like moving out on the servo arm or screwing the clevis in or out? I don't think that is what you are saying, but if you are...let me reiterate, the servo arm say starts at 0 degrees. When it moves one way it moves 45 degrees from 0 and when it goes the other way it goes 20 degrees. Thanks!
Chris Barley, Orlando FL
Old 01-25-2002, 04:37 AM
Balsa Duster

no it is a computer radio adjustment found on you radio were you found the sub trims in the programing if you have the manual look up end point adjustment ok
Old 01-25-2002, 07:38 AM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went thru exactly what you are expericing, the basic problem is using the sub trims to level the ailerons.

First thing is to level the ailerons mechanicaly by adjusting the push rods so your ailerons are level with power on and the flap switch is off. Ensure your sub trims are reset to zero first.

After the ailerons are level with the flap switch off then you can adjust the flap travel this is done with the flap switch on.

never use the sub trims for more than 5-8 units, I had the same problem with mine until a post helped me out.

Remember to do anything to the ailerons the flap switch must be off, and never make flap adjustments unless flap switch is on.

P.S My servo buzz went away after I reduced the sub trims.

Good Luck
Old 01-26-2002, 12:49 AM
PT40

Default You were right. We got it fixed. Thanks Everybody

You were right. We got it fixed. Thanks Everybody
Old 01-26-2002, 06:23 AM
FCC

Default Buzzing

I want yo add one more thing regarding the buzzing of servos. Buzzing is not normal as long as you are on the ground (no air pressure on control surfaces, other than inflight) otherwise it will drain you battery, as a single servo draws about 200 to 300mA current.