Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Reverser Question. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Wings of Peril

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Reverser Question. Please Help!

Horizon's servo reverser seemed like a great deal-$8.95, only half a buck more than their y-cable. However, when I asked them a technical question, it took them a week to give a dumb answer (below). It's like they didn't even read my question. If the little thing with a Phillips slot that looks like a pot is there to center (correct the angle of the reversed servo's arm in relation to the other servo when centered), I would like to use it. If it does anything else, I would probably leave it alone beause it took some time to set this up. Does anyone know the answer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My question to Horizon Hobby:
Hope you can help with a technical question. I purchased your EXRA325 servo reverser from one of your local dealers. The only instructions have to do with wire color coding for different brands of servos. There is what appears to be a potentiometer with a screw slot, left accessible to the user at the open end of the heat-shrink tubing. What is its function? Centering? Rate? Matching? Better to leave it alone? If it's just centering for the reversed servo, I would like to use it. If it's for something else, I would rather leave it alone.
Thanks for your time.

Horizon's stupid answer:
Thank you for your recent email. The Black lead plugs into the receiver. The other two leads are for the servos. I hope you find this
information helpful. If you have any other questions, please reply to this email or call us at 877-504-0233.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:54 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Servo Reverser Question. Please Help!

Yes, that is a centering pot. It only adjusts the centering of the 1 servo. It will not effect travel, unless you go to an extreme with it, and maybe not then. Just get your servos as close as possible to equal with the mechanical linkage, then fine tune with pot screw.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Wings of Peril

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Reverser Question. Please Help!

Thanks Terry. The matching of the elevators was done mechanically. I was sthinking of the angle of the arms when both servos are centered. I guess this could cause some differential because with the splined shafts, you can only get so close and they are slightly different. I'll probably match the arm angles with the pot then do the the control sufaces over again with the pushrods. thanks again.