Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

confused by Futaba Reciever Choices.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:10 PM
jigeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused by Futaba Reciever Choices.

New to sport. Tired of trainer. Have a Sig Fourstar 60 done. Need to put servos/recievers in it. dual ailerons.
I'm confused by the choices and what the terms crystal/pcm etc. mean. I'll need 5 to 6 channels for this plane. Does anyone have a rec on which Futaba reciever to buy from Tower Hobbies? Also a little remedial info on recievers/crytals would help.
By the way, I have a Futaba SkyPort 6 which is older {not digital} but works good.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:29 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: confused by Futaba Reciever Choices.

I wouldn't buy a Futaba receiver. Reason - price.
The Hobbico 7 channel receiver is a Futaba with a different label and it is only 50 bucks with crystal.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXLN98**&P=0
The Futaba equivalent is the R127DF and it is $65 plus $13 for the crystal.

I'm no receiver or crystal expert. I know you should always use the crystal that is recommended for the receiver. For example, Hitec makes receivers that are compatible with Futaba transmitters. You use a Hitec crystal in the Hitec receiver.