Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6XAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:36 AM
TeePee
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6XAS

Has anyone had this to happen? Was flying my favorite (and most comfortable) airplane. An old GP Big Stick 40 (the kit not arf).
Had already made a couple of flights without incedence, all of asudden, I had no control the airplane started the death spiral into a tree. To make a long story short, the airplane and engine was destroyed beyond repair as wellas three servos. picking up the pieces and trying to determine the cause. I found that the right hand stick Aileron just flopped around in the case not hooked up to any thing . Called Hobby services, they said send it in but they could not replace airplane or engine or servos. This was the radio's fault ( by the way my radio is kept in a padded case except to fly or charge. THIS STINKS!!
Not happy with Futaba, TeePee
Old 01-26-2002, 01:55 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Default Futaba 6xas

Maybe your padded case is not cleared out for the sticks on your radio. When you closed the case, the foam was pressing on the gimbal sticks. The foam must be cutaway for clearance. I see people that do this all the time, thinking it is just foam, but it is pretty stiff foam, and can easily damage your sticks. Dazzler
Old 01-30-2002, 05:59 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default Futaba 6XAS

TP,
Send us the aircraft, servos, and if the engine is OS, ST, or Tower, and we will take them under consideration dependent upon what we find within the radio.

Without seeing the radio there's no way for us to know if it was a problem otherwise or a warranty problem.

Please see the following site for a worksheet which will simplify sending your item for service:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/service.html

In case you can not use the worksheet for any reason, here is the pertinent information.

Please ship your product to:

Futaba Service Center
1610 Interstate Drive
Champaign IL 61822

phone: 217-398-0007
fax 217-398-7721
email: [email protected]

Please be sure to fill in all fields on the worksheet or, if not using the worksheet, to provide us a detailed explanation of your concerns and service required, as well as at least 2 means of daytime contact: phone, fax, or email are great, as well as your return mailing address. If this is non-warranty service, please also provide a means of payment (visa, mastercard). Please note that we will contact you with an estimate prior to performing ANY repairs to a non-warrnty item, so be sure to provide an easy way to reach you to avoid delays.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 01-30-2002, 06:45 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default radio

HOW IS THAT FOR SERVICE, NOW I KNOW WHY I ONLY FLY FUTAWBA.
DENNIS W. MARTIN SR
AMA7030