Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual Throttle control

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:46 AM
bowmaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Throttle control

Greetings all,

I posted this question on Futaba direct forum and received no reply and got dumped, so I'll ask it here. I am setting up a new twin engine model and I wondered if it was possible to set up dual throttle control allowing me to feather one engine in flight for engine out practice. My radio is the Futaba 9CAP super. I was thinking about using the slide controls on the sides of the radio but can they be slaved to main throttle stick? Any thoughts??

bowmaker
Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Krysta

Default RE: Dual Throttle control

Hi bowmaker,

I am sorry your question did not get answered in our Direct Forum, the reason for this is that someone other than Bax or I posted directly after you. When answering questions, we always look for a red zero next to a posting, this alerts us that there is an unanswered question out there that we need to address. When someone else comments or tries to post it looks to us as though we have already gotten to this question.

We have written an FAQ for just this situation, that you should find helpful, please check out:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q511.html

You can use this FAQ but simply change the selection of switches that are listed, and use the slider.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: bowmaker

Greetings all,

I posted this question on Futaba direct forum and received no reply and got dumped, so I'll ask it here. I am setting up a new twin engine model and I wondered if it was possible to set up dual throttle control allowing me to feather one engine in flight for engine out practice. My radio is the Futaba 9CAP super. I was thinking about using the slide controls on the sides of the radio but can they be slaved to main throttle stick? Any thoughts??

bowmaker
Old 04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
bowmaker

Thanks for the info, just what I was hoping for. As for the lack of earlier reply, may that be the worst thing that happens to me this week. No harm done, and much appreciated!

Bowmaker
Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly an 8U Futaba radio and have a three-engine airplane. Each outboard is connected to a desensitized knob to allow synchronization with the center engine. A switch on the left shuts the left engine back to 5000 RPM and a switch on the right shuts the right engine back to 5000 RPM.

Engine out practice is interesting and informative and not something one can learn in emergency time. Shutting an engine back lower than 5000 RPM often caused a real engine out. Desensitizing the switches was interesting and the method was found in the Futaba Q&A area.

Your radio is more capable than mine but if you have difficulty send a PM and I will attempt to answer questions.

Bill

PS: I am starting radio installation in another twin and liked the previous techniques well enough to use them again. Unfortunately each change requires programming to be figured out again.

Caution: Once I made an almost disaster take off due to a switch in the wrong position (engine idle). Wing still has asphalt rash and almost clipped a yard light. It is far too easy to forget setting a switch.