Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 7c + ultra stick, asking too much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:41 PM
rjm1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 7c + ultra stick, asking too much?

Ok, heres what I'm trying to set the radio up for...and its kicking my butt

Normal flight :
ailerons chs. 1 + 7
flaps chs. 5 + 6

All others the same

I want these functions on switches.

Aileron + flap together to make full length ailerons.

Crow (dive brakes) : flaps full down, ailerons both up

And would like to have the flaps on the 3-way rather than the dial...if thats possible

Seems like the 7c programming wise cant handel it?
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 PM
rjm1982

Default RE: futaba 7c + ultra stick, asking too much?

replying to myself to subscribe to the thread so i can get emails when y'all chime in...
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ok I have the ultra stick and the 7 cap radio. You are asking for two much. with the 7c radio you are not going to be able to program in the ailerons to flap mixing. you can program in crow but that takes up the three position switch because the airbrake functions is binded to that switch, and airbrake is needed to setup your crow mix. You can have flaps on a switch but I found I cannont get anything less then full flaps on the switch. If you want all of these functions on the ultra stick I know that the 9c will definatually do the trick. I regret not buying the 9c. I just found the shortcomings for the 7c for my needs right from the get go unfornatually. But there are other radios that will work for you like the older out of production futaba 8u. and if you check into your radios I think you can find other manufactures that make 7 channels that will work like a hitec or something like that.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 AM
rjm1982

Im not too worried about a new radio...

I've figured out most of it...Through different configurations you can get EITHER the crow or the flap-ail mix, but you cant have both at once...its no big deal. I just set up 2 different models in my TX...so i can choose on the ground which function I want in the air.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ok thats works. I have tried a mix to mix the two ail and flaps together on each wing But I don't remember why but I though something wasn't working correctly . . . how did you get the full span ailerons ? maybe I can do the same thing as you did with the two radio programs.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 PM
rjm1982

to do the full span ailerons, they have to be in the order the US book says...with the ailerons on 1 and 7

i do have to switch the connections on my leads too...but its no big deal, for full ailerons, i just swap red and green ... i just make it part of my pre-flight to check the mixes before i start the motor up...